Centennial Park Conservancy is seeking qualified self-motivated individuals for an Event Management internship with its Musicians Corner program, which presents free music events in Nashville's historic Centennial Park. Interns gain first-hand experience while working side-by-side with Musicians Corner and Centennial Park Conservancy staff. Interns take on a wide variety of responsibility including event planning, merchandising, sales, and more. We strive to give all of our interns the best possible learning experience and build internships around their specific skills and interests. Applicants must have a deep appreciation for music and a great work ethic. All internships are unpaid.
Preferred applicants for the Event Management internship will have experience in management, general business, customer service, and event promotion.
- Must live in the Greater Nashville Area for the duration of the internship
- Must be available one day per week for office time in addition to all event days (Fridays and Saturdays in May/June, plus one Thursday and one Sunday event in June)
- Must at least be in Sophomore year of college
- College credit is preferred, but not required
- Your favorite live music experience and why
- Why you would like to work with Musicians Corner and Centennial Park Conservancy
Summer Internship Term: April 27 - July 10
About Centennial Park Conservancy:
Centennial Park Conservancy Conservancy is a for-purpose 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The organization supports programs, funds exhibits and provides services in furtherance of our mission. As an organization, we continually strive to add and improve our initiatives in support of our city’s iconic treasures in Centennial Park. Our mission is to preserve, enhance and share the Parthenon and Centennial Park so that all future generations may benefit from these enriching cultural and educational landmarks. Learn more about Centennial Park Conservancy at https://conservancyonline.com/.
About Musicians Corner:
Musicians Corner, a program of Centennial Park Conservancy, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, supports emerging artists and provides inclusive arts enrichment and educational programming for adults and youth. Musicians Corner presents free music events in Nashville's historic Centennial Park in partnership with the City of Nashville and local music industry, showcasing over 1,200 artists since its inception in 2010, and presenting legends like Emmylou Harris, Vince Gill, The Blind Boys Of Alabama, and Preservation Hall Jazz Band. You can learn more about Musicians Corner at https://musicianscornernashville.com/.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /year
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative