Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Risk Management Liaison for the execution of all activities related to the support of product liability litigation or exposure.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, biosurgical, energy and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Risk Management Liaison, you will:
- Perform diverse and complex legal tasks to best serve business needs, and with minimal supervision.
- Act as business liaison between in-house Counsel and paralegal, outside Counsel, and affiliate companies to get information into complaint files for regulatory purposes.
- Assist defense Counsel in providing information for responses to Interrogatories, Requests for Production, Admissions, Deposition Notices and Defendant Fact Sheets.
- Coordinate on-site Counsel visits and access to Subject Matter Experts (e.g. R&D, Quality, Engineering, Marketing) as necessary.
- Ensure that all product liability issues are captured as necessary within complaint vigilance system.
- Coordinate incoming legal emails and complaints filed with complaint group
- Organizes and maintain litigation files
- Reviews and summarize medical records
- Accept Legal Service
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree or Paralegal Certificate is required; a Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Registered or Nurse paralegal is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of business related experience is required.
- Experience reviewing medical records and understanding of medical language is required; surgical knowledge is preferred.
- Law firm experience as a Nurse Paralegal is preferred.
- Experience in Medical Device litigation is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Medical Device Regulations, Directives and applicable standards in the areas of Quality Systems, Vigilance, and Field Action is preferred.
- Experience with direct customer contact, including areas of Customer Complaints and/or Medical communications is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effective management of multiple projects/priorities is required.
- Critical thinking, attention to detail and ability to interpret and combine data into meaningful information with strong analytical skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required. Must be able to work with tables, simple formulas and, create new and sort worksheets in Excel.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time to domestic destinations.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)