We're looking for a "DevSecOps Architect" for an immediate opening with one of our clients located in Washington, DC.
Washington. DC (Partial Remote))
Long Term Project (2+ Years)
- You will be part of our cloud-native practice and will be primarily working on building enterprise solutions based on Kubernetes, Docker and the K8s ecosystem in general.
- You must have a solid understanding of cloud systems and platform engineering concepts. In this role within the DevSecOps team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the DevSecOps platform based on cloud, kubernetes and container solutions.
- You will also work closely with the application development teams to train and mentor their engineers on the DevSecOps platform.
- You will support the application and product teams during their journey to be on-boarded into the platform.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Strong work experience as a cloud native systems engineer working with AWS and/or Azure cloud platforms. Strong understanding of Security, Monitoring and Performance aspects of cloud native platform and application architectures.
- Domain expertise in at least 3 of: security architecture and engineering, communication and network security, identity and access management (IAM), security assessment and testing, and software development security.
- Experience engineering and architecting solutions on AWS, including specific expertise with: EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Load Balancer, CloudFront, Route 53, and Direct Connect Proven DevOps and automation experience for managing systems and platforms.
- Design automated deployment and management solutions for a variety of cloud services (e.g., Rails Application servers, Load Balancing and Proxy Servers, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Networks, Subnets).
- Experience in Development Operations with a focus on security automation through API integration, database design, systems design, data modeling and visualizations
- Should be well-versed with installation, configuration and operationalization of the container platforms. Solid understanding of automation principles and experience with tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience using frameworks such as Python and Ruby is a big plus. Working experience with the following tools within the K8s ecosystem Grafana, Prometheus, Twistlock, EFK / ELK (log aggregation)
- Experience with CI/CD and managing tools such as GitLab CI, Jenkins and related CI/CD tool chain.
- Able to see gaps and areas of improvement in process as well as technologies, providing recommendations and taking the initiative to fix issues are qualities we love to see in our teams.
Job Type: Contract
- AWS (EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Load Balancer, CloudFront, Route 53): 8 years (Required)
- DevSecOps: 9 years (Required)
- Kubernetes, Docker and the K8s: 10 years (Required)