POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician will maintain and repair physical structures of buildings and grounds by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Paints and performs structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings.
- Prepares sheet rock, wood siding, metal, brick, stucco, cement, and other finishes.
- Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster or other fillers.
- Washes surfaces prior to painting with brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Erects scaffolding and/or sets-up ladders to perform work.
- Bends, cuts, reams and threads pipe, wipes joints, tests joints and system for leaks.
- Conducts routine electrical maintenance, replacement of equipment, circuit wiring, switches, control equipment and motors, transformers, relays, generators, appliances, fixtures, and HVAC systems.
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance duties such as repair and assembling cords, replacing fuses, fluorescent ballasts and tubes, cleans and lubricates other machinery.
- Assists other departments as requested, including moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time, production records and CMMS.
- Works cooperatively with tribal citizens, staff and guests.
- Maintains a high commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Two (2) to three (3) years of related experience and/or training.
Minor plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry experience highly desired. Knowledge and experience in installation, operation and repair of irrigation systems, preferred.
Must be able to assist in performing installations of water closets, water heaters, softeners, fixtures, faucets, tubs and the ability to work on sewer, potable and non-potable water systems. Must be familiar with standard HVAC systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Individuals must be able to successfully pass the Tribal Gaming Agency (TGA) Background Check. Must possess a valid driver’s license, and maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to operate office equipment; push, pull and grasp objects; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds and up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, outside weather condition and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- How did you hear about this position?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- plumbing: 1 year (Preferred)
- carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person