The Director of Dining Services is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial manager who is constantly seeking a better way to conduct business. This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of Dining Services. The Director ensures client, customer service/satisfaction with efficient cost effective management that both meets and exceeds stated expectations. They are responsible for all food service-related activities; including care (retail, cafeteria, catering etc), quality improvement, sanitation, infection control, and all client-related activities.
This position is at an account within our Healthcare Culinary Group.
- Manages salaried managers and hourly associates in the Food Service Department
- Oversees the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the account
- Interviews, hires, and trains associates; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems
- Prepares and manages annual budget
- Utilize company systems for completion of required daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory, cash reports, production records, payroll/time-keeping, etc.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items in adherence to company food standards for preparation, presentation, sanitation and safety (meeting HACCP and OSHA guidelines) and portion control
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus four years of directly related experience preferred
- Minimum of two to five years of hospital or adult home/care experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Five to seven years of direct food service operational management experience with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Previous P&L accountability or contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Strong supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
- Excellent financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- ServSafe® Certified
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Food Service Management: 5 years (Preferred)