Project Promise Youth Enrichment Coordinator
Full-time Position: Monday- Friday, occasional evenings and Saturdays
Project Promise is a 501 c (3) non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk youth on St. Croix by providing empowerment initiatives, cultural programs, and family services. Established on January 24, 2014, it was founded to address the many challenges facing our youth. The goal of the program is to identify students who are experiencing adolescent hardships and who may have a difficult transition into adulthood. To address these challenges, Project Promise launched the Caterpillar Project in January 2016 to provide a comprehensive educational, health, career, and vocational support system for the island’s at-risk youth.
For more information, please visit www.projectpromisevi.com.
About Your Role
Under the supervision of the Director of Programs, the Youth Enrichment Coordinator is responsible for researching, designing, implementing and/or overseeing all activities that enrich the learning and personal development of our participant’s and their families. This role is critical to helping our students have that “ah-ha moment” where concepts that are being taught are brought to life in a creative, fun, and effective manner.
The Youth Enrichment Coordinator will additionally provide case-management support, manages data, reports and evaluates, develops collaborative relationships with community partners for the organization, identifies opportunities to make referrals and utilize community support around participant goals. The Youth Enrichment Coordinator will also be responsible for the transportation of participants to and from the program.
The ideal candidate has a deep background in facilitating academic support to elementary students with excellent classroom management skills, structuring engaging activities that spark curiosity and experiential learning, enjoys staying informed about community events and initiates communication to identify potential partnerships, understands the holistic approach, and successfully builds relationships to create an environment that is nurturing and supportive. A strong ability to manage multiple projects at a time with sound time management skills are necessary.
Your Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversees all academic and special component activities including, research, design, and/or coordinating, and implementation
- Provides documentation of activities through progress notes, activity reports, evaluation forms, and assessments
- Assist in the implementation of all Project Promise programs
- Provides outreach and support to parents/guardians on a monthly basis
- Provides administrative and service support in all Project Promise programs
- Work to strengthen, build, and maintain strategic partnerships in the community to provide opportunities for students to participate in activities focusing on program objectives
- Serve as a liaison between teachers, school administration, counselor, or other academic staff members to gather a firm grasp of homework assignments, upcoming quizzes, tests, projects, standardized tests, etc.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with schools, courts, juvenile justice agencies, and other settings appropriate for Project Promise programs
- Assist in ongoing outreach and marketing efforts to increase Project Promise's visibility at host sites
- Work with development, marketing, and agency leadership to assist efforts to promote and fundraise for programs; speak in community about impact of programs as needed
- Oversee logistical details of groups such as recruiting participants, making reminders to participants, ordering supplies and administering program evaluations
- Maintain and update all lists, rosters, charts, online database as needed by the organization
- Monitor and complete monthly and annual reporting requirements
- Recruit, train, and manage mentors and volunteers who want to engage with Project Promise when needed
- Work with partners to expand, update and create Project Promise curriculum
- Work closely with Program Coordinator and other staff as needed
- Achieve measurable goals of program grants
- Highlight program success in the community and promote Project Promise via social media
- Make presentations about program to funders and the community
- Attend weekly staff and team meetings, and monthly trainings
Other Duties as Assigned
What You Bring
This is an opportunity for an individual to grow. The successful candidate will facilitate programs, partner with the Director of Programs and work collaboratively with the management team. Specific requirements include:
- Ability to work a full- time schedule, with some evenings and weekends
- Minimum of BA, in Education, Counseling, Social Work, Business Administration or related field; Master's Degree preferred
- Demonstrated success in facilitating groups, with three years of experience working with high-risk youth from diverse backgrounds, experience working in a Non-Profit setting a plus
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multifaceted projects
- Strength in recruiting and managing individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control, and performance
- Proficient was of technology as a marketing/ fundraising tool, applications, and social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Project Promise's mission
Job Type: Full-time
- youth development: 1 year (Required)
- Saint Croix, VI (Required)