Fresh Grill is the largest manufacturer of retailed fresh food in Southern California. Located near the John Wayne Airport in Orange County, our continuing growth has results in adding a second shift (noon -8pm) for our entire production facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the general supervision of all production employees located in a production room (30 -45 employees) during all phases of operations including but not limited to: scheduling (people and product), manufacturing, Quality, inventory control, safety, and employee relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Directly supervises in an appropriate manner regarding all aspects of production activities, including, prioritizing duties, delegating work assignments, and scheduling employees to optimize production and sanitation functions, as necessary
· Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions and resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
· Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
· Drives team production plan schedule and efficiency and is accountable for ensuring product meets or exceeds company quality standards.
· Ensures operation of equipment by ensuring proper operating procedures are followed by employees and contractors.
· Provides manufacturing information by analyzing and compiling production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
· Develop and track production benchmark such as efficiency, downtime, waste, giveaways, and labor cost
· Resolve production and quality issues that occur on the shift and provide functional guidance to shift operations, quality personnel, and management
· Ensure that quality procedures and policies are followed to include HACCP, SSOP, GMP, CCP and FIFO
· Implements existing production recipes and makes adjustments as necessary to produce products within specifications
· Monitors quality of incoming raw materials and finished products per company standard
· Assist plant management in reviewing shift operations and make recommendations relative to changes in organization, personnel, equipment and procedures
· Develops and recommends improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency
· Take active roles in developing production leadership employees
· Develop and train associates to ensure they can manage their area of responsibility
· Oversees and or conducts training of new or existing employees
· Helps develop, update and maintain procedures and documentation for all quality procedures and HAACP, including FIFO, GMP, SOPs and SSOPs methods and paperwork
· Accompanies USDA and/or auditors as needed. Recommends and implements action plans to correct deviations noted during audits
Other Duties and Responsibilities
· Review, revise and organize reports and follow-up GMP, HACCP, SOPs and SSOPs
· Generate daily production reports
· Follow personal hygiene and be familiar with current good manufacturing practices (CGMPs).
· Follow company safety policies and requirements.
· Provide support to other areas of production as needed
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Candidates should be self-starters with a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize their workload to ensure timely issue resolution. In addition, this individual should possess the following skills:
· Highly organized, committed to follow through, enthusiasm and motivation
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment;
· 5 years of equivalent experience in food supervision in a manufacturing environment
· Must be able to work flexible work hours including different shifts and weekends
· Must understand SOPs, GMP, HACCP and fill out all production related forms, including CCPs
· Prior food processing experience is required; USDA experience preferred
· Computer literate to include Microsoft Office, E-mail and Navision a plus
· Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be detail oriented, have strong leadership abilities for motivating and developing employees
· Be familiar with sanitation and personal hygiene requirements
· Spend 90% to 85% of day on plant production floor
· Bilingual in English and Spanish a requirement.
· 3+ years FDA/ USDA plant
· Experience managing at least 30 people
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT (AS APPROPRIATE FOR THE POSITION)
· Regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time
· Moderate use of standard office equipment (computer, photocopy machine, etc.)
· Required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 pounds;
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Equal Employment Opportunity, M/F/D/V
USDA: 3 years (Preferred)
Production Supervisor: 3 years (Preferred)
United States (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year