We are currently looking for an experienced Refrigeration Technician, specific for Service and Federal Construction on Oahu, Hawaii,to join a young innovative company.
Location: Aiea, Hawaii (**Qualified applicants may be eligible for partial relocation reimbursement for this position)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Refrigeration Technician MUST BE EXPERIENCED and capable of managing projects INDEPENDENTLY.Is responsible for properly managing administrative and field construction activities related to the assigned project. This Refrigeration Technician is also responsible to establish and maintain successful relationships with all stakeholders on his/her projects. This Refrigeration Technician will typically report directly to the V/P of EPC Service Inc.
Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed as a Refrigeration Technician.
**SALARY WILL BE BASED ON KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSES WHEN QUESTIONED DURING INTERVIEW
- Extensive knowledge working with the following: commercial coolers and freezers; indoor and outdoor condensing units; compressors and evaporators; connecting refrigeration lines and electrical power sources; handling hazardous refrigerant substances; checking systems and equipment for leaks
- Install, troubleshoot and repair commercial refrigeration systems.
- Repairs wiring and electronic components. Must have understanding of electrical schematics
- Replaces expansion valves, compressors, motors, coil units and other component parts
- Cleans/repairs refrigerant systems then troubleshoots to assure proper system operations
- Checks distribution systems for proper velocity, volume, temperature, pressure, etc.
- Determines cause of and corrects any condensation problems
- Knowledge of lithium bromide absorption
- Minimum 5 years of Refrigeration experience.
- EPA Certification a PLUS!
- Have your own tools.
- Responsible and does NOT need to be micromanaged.
- Technology savvy (proficient in use of PC, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of estimating and/or scheduling software a plus.)
- Have good-excellent verbal and written communication skills, organized, and an ability to manage multiple priorities/ tasks.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and is ORGANIZED.
- Conscientious, self-motivated, good attitude and a team player.
- Hawaii Drivers license, and insurable with no major infractions.
- Taking quality and professionalism of work VERY serious!
- Able to travel to neighbor islands, work weekends, and be available for on call night work as required!
High school and trade school required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 to $45.00 /hour
- Commercial Cooler & Freezer: 5 years (Preferred)
- Refrigeration Maintenance and Troubleshooting: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)