Hicks Lightning Protection provides turnkey lightning protection and grounding systems for commercial and industrial projects. We service projects throughout the United States and abroad, with offices and employees located in Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, and Virginia. Come join us and be a part of our growing team!
Hicks Lightning Protection is currently looking to fill the need of Estimator/Sales Representative for our Virginia region. Candidate will be required to relocate or report to our home office in DFW area (located 10 minutes SW of Denton, TX) for a 12–24-month training period. Once completed, candidate will be relocated to Virginia (Sterling area) to resume day-to-day duties, servicing and growing the Virginia area market. Relocation costs will be covered by the company.
The Estimator/Sales Representative will be working closely with our VP of Pre-Construction and Chief Estimator and responsible for the following:
- Read plans and specs.
- Provide accurate proposals for lightning protection and grounding systems.
- Communicate scope/exclusions with customers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Business Development/Sales Responsibilities
- Identifying opportunities in market area.
- Maintain sales performance within assigned territory.
- Establish and build relationships with customers.
- Provide forecasting and budgeting as required by management on an on-going basis.
- Consistently achieve and exceed individual sales quotas.
- Update and maintain CRM software.
- Tracking weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics.
- Researching potential leads from business directories, web searches, or digital resources.
- Other duties may be assigned
Work Experience & Other Requirements
- 3+ years of Construction Estimating experience required (Lightning Protection or Electrical Estimating preferred)
- Prior Sales experience (Preferred)
- Strong organization, planning and analytical skills and detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of Word
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Bluebeam, and Method (Preferred)
- Ability to pass a background check and drug & alcohol test
- Ability to work well with others, as well as individually
- High school diploma or GED (Required)
- College Degree in related field (Preferred)
Company-paid benefits for employee include:
- Health, Dental, Life/AD&D/Long-Term Disability insurance
- Additional voluntary benefits available for election
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off – PTO, Bereavement, Jury Duty
- 401(k) Retirement Plan w/ 4% Employer Match
*Employees are eligible for benefits once the introductory period is completed.
*** Compensation based on experience level.
*** Sales Bonus effective after training period completed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sterling, VA: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Construction estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location