Dynamic Concepts, Incorporated, a growing utility infrastructure company located in Washington, D.C. has an immediate and critical need for a Safety Manager for all of its projects and operations.
GENERAL SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
This position is responsible for planning, preparing, organizing, implementing, and executing all safety administrative and performance requirements for all projects in accordance with contract specifications, OSHA, while fully integrating with the project teams to support the safe production of quality work. This position is also responsible for Regulatory Compliance, including OSHA, EPA, DOT, DOL, Local Municipalities, etc. This position may provide oversight to daily activities for assigned direct reports.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A combination of equivalent work experience, training in the field, and/or Occupational Safety and Health certificate programs through the OSHA Training Institutes or other national recognized safety training organization (whether certificates or degree programs), and professional certifications.
- Five or more years applied work experience (or equivalent) in commercial construction industry required, with five or more years' experience (or equivalent) in construction safety management at the jobsite level.
- Competent personal training or experience in Fall Protection, Confined Space, Electrical, Trenching/Excavation, PPE.
- Five or more consecutive years of documented safety training.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet, etc.) required.
- Current CPR, First Aid, and OSHA 30-hour (within past 5 years) certifications required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts routine inspections of project, observing, and documenting deficiencies as well as noteworthy safety practices that are consistent with required expectations.
- Maintains regular attendance on the jobsites, per specifications described in DCI’s contract(s) with the client(s) governing the project(s) to which employee is assigned.
- Tracks deficiencies and leading indicator trends to identify repeated at-risk behavior and conditions and reports deficiencies to appropriate subcontract and project leadership and leads efforts to implement corrective action and processes through coaching and training and/or issuing appropriate safety violations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Safety: 5 years (Required)
- Washington, DC 20002 (Preferred)