Manages the golf course’s overall operation through maintaining quality standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations.
- Manages all sources of revenue to include golf rounds, food and beverage, merchandising, and agronomy.
- Ensures all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Creates local and national marketing plans and pricing strategies and knows market segments. Responds quickly to changing market conditions and revises strategies accordingly.
- Actively participates in sales discussions, meetings and plans. Knows key account executives and business base.
- Knows monthly production levels for each sales person on the staff.
- Promotes Arcis Golf’s philosophies throughout the golf course to both employees and guests.
- Creates the golf course’s annual budget and monitors the performance of the golf course throughout the year.
- Manages Human Resources functions of the golf course by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention and conducting regular employee meetings.
- Protects the golf course and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensures golf course is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education / Experience:
Four-year college degree is preferred, but not required and/or equivalent work experience. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance. 5-7 years golf course, service industry or hospitality experience required.
Strong leadership skills
Directive leadership to meet established quality and time standards
Strong oral and written communication skills
Sense of urgency to achieve timely, quality results
Work within established standards and guidelines
Pro-active, problem solving orientation
Attention to detail
Planning and organizational ability