CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 15 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities and more than 150 employed physician practice locations in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa. More than 12,000 employees comprise the workforce of this network that includes 2,820 licensed beds and serves as the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools. In fiscal year 2014, the organization provided a combined $149.3 million in quantified community benefit including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With locations stretching from Kearney, Neb. to Missouri Valley, Iowa, the health network is the largest in Nebraska and serves residents of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. For more information, visit online at CHIhealth.com.
Job Summary/Essential Duties:
1. Under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practitioner follows the nursing process which includes: assess, plan, implement, and evaluate. The nursing process is an ongoing process that can end at any stage.
2. Assessment - Demonstrates a systematic, dynamic way to collect and analyze the following healthcare consumer data including: psychological, physiological, sociolcultural, spiritual, economic and lifestyle factors. Contributes to the RN initial assessment and may perform re-assessment.
3. Plan – Sets measurable and achievable short and long term goals according to standards of care based on the assessment by the Registerd Nurse in collaboration with the healthcare consumer and as part of the multidisciplinary team. Participates in the development and modification of the plan of care.
4. Implement – Implements and/or modifies the plan of care using assessment data, clinical reasoning based upon standards of care and evidence based practice. This includes care coordination, education and discharge planning. The nurse is accountable for the care directly, indirectly or through delegation. Professional and legal standards for delegation must be followed.
5. Evaluate – Uses a systematic ongoing process to evaluate progress towards identified healthcare consumer goals. Revision of plan of care when needed involving the healthcare consumer and the multidisciplinary team.
6. Documents all phases of the nursing process in the healthcare consumer’s record.
7. Demonstrates personal and professional responsibility for ongoing development, practice, and education. Maintains a safe work environment. Fosters a collaborative environment in support of the nursing profession.
Active LPN licensure in the state of Nebraska, Iowa, or nurse licensure compact. Basic life support is required upon hire, refer to the license, certified, and registered employee policy for acceptable credentialing bodies.