The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is seeking a Lead Financial Systems Specialist to join the Financial Information System (FIS) team. The Lead Financial System Specialist will play a key role in supporting financial systems, streamlining business processes, trouble-shooting system/data issues, testing new functionalities, and developing financial reports. The successful candidate will leverage their IT and Accounting knowledge and specialized IT skills as a content expert to support and administer the technical aspects of our financial systems. This individual will use their system expertise to lead complex process improvements and project initiatives. They will be responsible for working independently to prepare and review business requirements and report findings and project progress to business owners, managers and directors.
- Lead the support of Finance operations in Workday Financials, Workday Payroll, Workday Time Tracking systems and various internal and external revenue systems.
- Develop support plan; monitor and prioritize team tasks
- Handle escalated issues and follow-up on outstanding issues by working closely with IT, service departments and software vendor
- Mentor junior team member
- Lead in project implementation and change management
- Be a Functional Subject Matter Expert in all financial modules to support the requirements analysis, configuration and business process design
- Design and develop custom reports as required for Finance team, business users and senior executive management
- Design user test cases and perform system and unit testing
- Plan on periodic system upgrade, conduct sandbox testing for existing functionalities and manage system upgrade
- Review new features in system upgrades and implement new features as needed
- Work directly with third party service providers and monitors project budgets and timelines
- Review transactional activities and be a strong advocate for internal control awareness
- Provide dedicated support service to accounting users and internal department users
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Accounting or related area
- Prior experience with supporting and configuring financial systems is a must
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience is required; preferably in an association or higher education environment
- Prior project implementation experience as a project lead or Subject Matter Expert
- Hands-on experience in using reporting tools
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications, including Pivot table and VBA macros
- Knowledge in accounting activities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and work collaboratively as a team player
- Fast learner and ready to pick up new knowledge and new assignments
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment
If a bachelor’s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.