South Plains Rural Health Services is currently hiring for a Staff Dentist at our Levelland, TEXAS location. Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM.
- Coordinates the implementation of dental functions in order to meet patient care needs and industry and agency standards.
- Appraises patient dental needs and correctional methods.
- Provides dental services to patients, including the application of filling, extractions, x-rays, restorations, dental prostheses, as appropriate, and diagnoses and treats oral lesions.
- Ensures dental staff applies proper dental techniques and methods.
- Reviews rules and standards, recommends changes in departmental policies and procedures, as appropriate to the Dental Director.
- Maintains patient records of dental services rendered.
- Stresses the importance of preventive dental care measures.
- Uses all available resources in diagnosis and treatment, such as laboratory and radio-logical testing, in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Confers with consulting dentists, patients, and patient's families concerning treatment and care of patients.
- Refers those cases, which require specialist services, but maintains responsibility, assuring that continuity of care is provided.
- Participates in the development and implementation of regularly up-dated performance improvement plan.
- Attends all dental staff meetings and participates in the health center's Performance Improvement program.
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the community health center to meet the goals of providing primary dental care.
- Recognize own role in marketing of clinic services by developing positive relations with the public in general.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Graduation from an accredited school of dentistry with the a Doctor of Dentistry degree.
- License to practice dentistry in the State of Texas.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of preventive and corrective dentistry and oral hygiene; and of clinical dentistry requirements
- Skill in the use of dental tools and equipment.
- Ability to supervise the work of others; to provide patient dental care; to diagnose patient dental care needs; and to prepare and maintain accurate records.
- The ability to relate with warmth and effectiveness to the patients and other health care providers providers of the health center.
- Must be qualified in Basic Life Support techniques.
- Sufficient experience and/or education to carry out the duties of this position.
Job Type: Full-time