Job Summary Makes accurate and detailed bridge inspections to ensure safe train movement. Employees must be able to meet and comply with the manufacturer's weight limitation safety rating and recommendations for any equipment associated with performing their duties, including the 300 lb. safety rating for ladders (both portable and affixed) and fall arrest equipment. Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Climb bridges to thoroughly inspect their components.
- Make accurate, detailed inspections of designated structures to ensure their safe operation.
- Ensure that immediate action is taken to provide for the safety of train traffic, employees, and/or the public when critical defects are found.
- Ensure safety for self and others nearby.
- Report inspections electronically.
- Schedule and coordinate inspections weekly and perform duties with minimal direct supervision.
- Assist in the development of short-term and long-term programs.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Associates Degree/2-year Degree
- Less than 1 year of experience in Bridge Construction and Repair or Engineering (civil, structural or mechanical)
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications
- 1 or more years of experience in Bridge Construction and Repair or Engineering (civil, structural or mechanical)
- Bachelor's Degree/4-year Degree
- 1 or more years of experience in Structural Construction/Maintenance or Engineering (civil, structural, electrical, or mechanical) and/or Bridge Inspection
- Professional Engineer (PE)
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of construction, structures, components, and engineering
- Knowledge of Railroad industry
- Microsoft Office skills (especially Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Leadership The CSX Leadership Model is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following: producing results, creating change, and inspiring excellence. Job Requirements
- Available to report to work with two-hour advance notice
- Ability to report to work with 30 minutes advance notice
- Wear protective equipment (such as welding shields, hard hat, hearing protection)
- Work outside in all weather conditions
- Work flexible days/hours as dictated by business need