The Property Accountant will be responsible for various components of the accounting and financial reporting of a group of retail real estate assets.
- Prepare monthly and year-end close activities and reconciliations for specific areas of an assigned portfolio.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Prepare and review monthly and year-end financial statements.
- Assist in coordination and support of third-party auditors.
- Deliver consistently high quality and timely reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of annual CAM and Tax reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset roll-forwards.
- Analyze and interpret operating and financial information regarding profitability, capital expenditures, and performance against budget.
The successful candidate will have a background in real estate accounting. Experience within the retail real estate business will serve this individual well.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
Professional and Personal Characteristics:
- Experience in the real estate industry is preferred.
- Understanding of GAAP and its application in a real estate firm.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to understand retail real estate operating statements.
- Experience with newly formed and rapidly growing companies is a plus.
- Experience with JD Edwards is a plus.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Results-oriented. Quickly able to establish credibility and gain respect of the organization.
- Highest level of personal integrity to inspire confidence, respect and trust.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization.
- Passionate and committed to his or her own personal and professional development as well as that of his or her colleagues.
- Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
Starwood Retail provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status, or sexual orientation.