Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an exceptional and passionate Director to join our Business Operations function. We serve as the strategic + analytics + operational glue that partners with Twilio senior leadership and business leaders to accelerate Twilio's growth. We are looking for exceptional business generalists who can run rings around tough business problems, wield excellent analytical skills and build trust-based relationships as second nature.
In Business Operations, you are at the forefront of helping Twilio drive fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and enable growth and innovation. We are looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading successful, large-scale, complex cross-functional projects.You are:
- A natural problem-solver and strategic thinker. You lead inclusive, rigorous, efficient and creative problem solving on complex issues - leading to a clear set of so-whats, conclusions and recommendations and supported by rigorous analytics.
- A communication expert. You communicate effectively with all audiences, regardless of level. You consistently mobilize people to act through crisp and actionable synthesis (written and verbal).
- Highly collaborative, and partner-oriented professionally. Your team-first attitude enables you to easily build enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners and effectively work with cross-functional teams as a trusted thought partner.
- Performance oriented. You inspire peers and team members to set high expectations and strive to achieve them. You recognize and champion and critical initiatives without prompting or influencing from senior leaders, broadening impact from self and team.
- Empathetic and team-first. You use your understanding of human behavior to identify problems and issues proactively and act on that knowledge to influence change. You love helping others drive successful business outcomes in their areas of responsibility.
- A strong team leader. You elevate team performance and health. You nurture commitment to our common vision and shared values. You mentor and coach others in a strengths-based way to ensure their success and growth.
The ideal candidate has 8+ years of relevant experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, or technology company.
As a Director on the Business Operations team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Deeply understand the business health and key performance metrics for the Twilio business that you support. Deep dive regularly into metrics to identify root cause issues and opportunities and follow through with action-oriented insights.
- BE AN OWNER and DRAW THE OWL: Go elbows-deep by partnering with and supporting business owners across functions, to work on top priority strategic projects – from new growth initiatives and business models, to competitive intelligence, to investment priorities.
- DRAW THE OWL and BE BOLD: Evaluate new market opportunities, analyze risks and implementation challenges and synthesize findings and insights.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE and EMPOWER OTHERS: Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and project / program managing as needed.
- WRITE IT DOWN and BE INCLUSIVE: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and broader Twilio organization.
Given the incredible exposure of the Business Operations team across Twilio, we believe you will enjoy the diversity of fun and complex challenges you take on.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.