- Using psychotherapy to improve the quality of life for individuals, groups, and families.
- Testing and assessing patients for indications of mental health disorders.
- Developing treatment plans and strategies to help patients.
- Supporting patients who have experienced traumatic life events.
- Providing ongoing care and evaluation to patients with long-term difficulties.
- Referring patients to other specialists or doctors as needed.
- Helping patients to set realistic goals and monitoring their progress.
- Keeping up to date with, and potentially participating in, new research in psychology.
- Doctorate in psychology.
- Relevant state license and board certification.
- Experience working as a psychologist.
- Strong listening, observation, and communication skills.
- Highly analytical mindset.
- Empathy and sensitivity when working with patients.
- Expert diagnostic skills.
Essen Health Care is a growing community healthcare network provides high quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care to some of the most vulnerable and under-served residents of New York State. Guided by a ‘population health’ model of care, Essen has five integrated clinical divisions offering services in primary & specialty offices, urgent care centers, and nursing homes, as well as house calls for home bound patients; all clinical services are also offered via telehealth. Our Care Management division supports patient-centered care through care coordination, complex care management and helping address health-related social needs.
Founded in 1999, Essen provides care in all five boroughs of New York City, with a primary focus in the Bronx. Staffed by over 300 primary and specialty care physicians and advanced clinicians, Essen Health Care is one of the largest, most comprehensive private medical groups in New York City. Essen maintains a Clinical Information Services team that maintains our enterprise-wide electronic medical record system, data repository, clinical analytics and population health capabilities. Our Community Services teams creates and sustains relationship with community organizations and agencies and health plans.
Essen is dedicated to ensuring the quality of care for all patients and has been designated ‘Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home’ by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Essen has won awards for its patient care innovations and recently launched Intention Health Ventures to develop and commercialize our technology innovations.
ESSEN HEALTH CARE IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person