Chief Development Officer
St. Luke’s Community House in West Nashville is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Chief Development Officer to join our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the community and assist us in securing the revenue and resources needed to advance St. Luke’s mission. The successful candidate will have an existing network of relationships within the Nashville community, the ability to set and execute winning strategies, be a supportive supervisor, and a clear communicator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop fundraising strategies to identify and engage donors; create development targets for appropriate goal setting.
- Steward, renew, and upgrade donors with established giving histories.
- Meet with donors in person and by phone to explain the mission and purpose of the organization and to solicit funds.
- Lead the Development team to plan and coordinate fundraising and community events.
- In coordination with the CEO, leverage Board and other key volunteers to expand the donor base of the organization.
- Oversee all grant writing while managing the relationships with foundations, corporations, government agencies, and United Way, alongside the CEO.
- Work closely with the program leads and volunteer manager to provide opportunities for donors to see the mission in action and create more donor volunteers.
- Represent the organization at community events, special events, churches, corporate fairs and other donor-facing opportunities.
- Ensure department adheres to its written guidelines for marketing/branding, data integrity, gift processing, acknowledgments, and recognition.
- Supervise development staff of three.
Communications and Marketing
- Oversee all media and social media for the organization.
- Implement marketing strategies to drive increased client engagement and market the organization’s programming to both client-bases and donor-bases.
- Accountable for team keeping information about donors up to date within the Raiser’s Edge database, consistent moves management in RE NXT and creating an active pipeline of asks in the system.
- Prepare monthly development reports, including reconciliation reports and a dashboard, for Board and executive leadership.
- Generate accurate donor reports and mailing lists from Raiser’s Edge database system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Outgoing, enterprising, persuasive and engaging
- Show executive presence, strategic thinking, and good judgment
- Embody professionalism, responsibility, maturity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and function as a positive team member
- Demonstrate creative problem solving and a can-do approach
- Relate well to varied clientele, donors, staff, and volunteers
- Easily adaptable to changing demands/deadlines/priorities
- Demonstrated success in identifying, soliciting and securing donations from individuals, corporations, and/or foundations in Nashville
- Fundraising, sales and marketing experience with a track record of success
- Proficient business writing and intermediate knowledge of fundraising protocols
- Raiser’s Edge user with moderate to advanced skills, or similar fundraising database skills
- 8-10 years of successful donor-facing fundraising, writing, marketing, meeting and event management, and handling shifting priorities
- History of success managing multiple projects in a professional setting
- Ability to manage a high-performing team
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity, working Monday through Friday, along with some evenings and weekends. We offer very competitive benefits, including paid time off, medical, life and disability insurance, as well as a 401(k)-retirement plan. Employees are eligible for discounted onsite childcare.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off