To carry out the department's planning and evaluation function, including analyzing regulations and statutes, developing program goals, making recommendations about program design, coordinating submission of all plans and grant applications to funding sources, and monitoring implementation of grants and the quality of data collected; may perform contract management functions by acting as liaison between vendor and department, prepares and assesses program evaluation data; may direct the process by which the departments use to manage information; and perform other duties as assigned.
Internal applicants: Salary will be set in accordance with personnel rules, i.e. promotion, transfer, or voluntary reduction.
To view or print a copy of the complete Ramsey County job (class) description for this job, go to: Job Descriptions. Once at this page, you can browse the alphabetical list or search for a job description.
Examples of Work Performed
1. Analyze and evaluate changes in legislation and in community needs by conducting or reviewing needs assessments and other studies, and by consulting with department staff and employees from outside agencies, in order to: develop program objectives and recommendations for program design; determine procedures to monitor and assess programs; and make recommendations for any needed changes in service delivery or operating policies and procedures.
2. Present recommendations on program design to the management team and/or the Private Industry Council (PIC), and coordinate the final decision-making process.
3. Participate as a member of the management team in coordinating the development of short and long range plans with staff and/or the PIC, and ensure that the team's assessment of budgetary and staffing needs reflect these plans.
4. Provide contract management for an assigned department by negotiating contract terms and notify vendors of outcome, resolve contract related issues, review contract compliance and make recommendations to management, prepare and submit contract applications, and get the necessary signatures for contract approval.
5. Oversee and coordinate the preparation of all grant applications and proposals to funding sources, monitor the implementation and expenditures of grants, and prepare grant reports for presentation to the Board of Commissioners.
6. Prepare evaluation data on services provided or purchased by the department and monitor progress toward program goals, by performing on-site monitoring of contracted programs, and by preparing performance reports on both contracted and department programs for use by the management team, government monitoring agencies, and funding sources.
7. Direct the management of information for an assigned area, which includes but is not limited to the compilation and maintenance of program performance records and the submission of required reports to regulatory agencies; develop recommendations for system changes in order to respond to new external and internal reporting requirements, advances in technology, and changes in rules, regulations and statutes.
8 Develop policies and procedures regarding program evaluation, reporting, and regulatory requirements; inform department staff and contract staff of finalized policies, and follow up to ensure compliance.
9 Organize and oversee the Request for Proposal (RFP) process to solicit grant or sub-grant proposals, direct the RFP review and approval process through the department and/or PIC, and negotiate contract work statements in conjunction with the department or division director.
10 Prepare the budget for direct program services, monitor expenditures, and ensure that allocated funds are used in compliance with all legal requirements.
11 Provide administrative support to several subcommittees of the department and/or Private Industry Council by: developing agendas and providing information for committee meetings, preparing and distributing meeting minutes and other committee communications, explaining state and federal guidelines, and conducting special projects or generating reports upon request. 12 Represent the department to government and community organizations and has managerial authority for planning and administration issues in the Director's absence.
(The work assigned to a position in this classification may not include all possible tasks in this work and does not limit the assignment of any additional tasks in this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required.) ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Social Services, Social or Behavioral Sciences, Management, or a closely related area.
Experience: Three years' experience in grant and contract administration or public program planning and evaluation or the administration of an Employment and Training program.
Substitution: A Master's Degree in public planning or closely related area may substitute for two years of the experience requirement.
Exam/Screening Process Information
The examination process will consist of the following sections:
Training and Experience Rating......... 100%
Eligible List: The names of all applicants who pass the examination/screening process and file a properly completed application shall be placed on the eligible list for employment as a Planning and Evaluation Analyst. This list will be certified to the appointing authority which may use this list to fill a vacancy. Candidates will remain on the list for two months or until hired, whichever occurs first. A notice will be sent to applicants at the time the eligible list is posted, informing them that the list has been posted and their rank on the list.
To print a paper application for this posting click Paper Application (Download PDF reader) You will need to print off this posting and also answer the supplemental questions associated with this exam and submit them if you complete a paper application.
Veteran's Preference: This is a classified position requiring an open, competitive selection process. Veteran's Preference points will be applied after a candidate passes the examination process. Applicants who are eligible for veteran's preference should update their veteran's DD214, and other supporting documents, and submit them as an attachment at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Ramsey County provides equal access to employment, programs and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, public assistance or national origin.