Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Temple's rich history in the Temple community began in 1897, when Dr. Arthur C. Scott & Dr. Raleigh R. White formalized their partnership. For more than 120 years, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Temple has been a leader in offering innovative, patient-centered care for individuals and families from across the region, the state, the country and the world.
Today, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Temple remains committed to putting patients and the community first by providing award-winning health and wellness services both on our main hospital campus and through our network of area pharmacy and specialty clinics, as well as pharmacies and outpatient centers. This commitment has always been the cornerstone of our healthcare ministry and remains strong as we look toward our future. Baylor Scott & White Health is changing healthcare with one purpose in mind: to serve our patients for a lifetime.
Reporting to the Regional Chief Nursing Officer, the Director of Service Excellence oversees the research, strategy, design and implementation of initiatives and programs that support the development of a sustainable culture of service excellence. Primary focus is to support Service Excellence function in the system and provide operations with the tools necessary to manage service excellence effectively at the local level. Facilitates the operational leaders in forwarding a culture that supports a healing environment where patients are felt heard, cared for and safe. Assists in alignment of service excellence and service behaviors for best practice. Is responsible for ensuring the transfer of knowledge and effective processes to departments so that those processes become incorporated and maintained in daily operations. Works with Marketing on effective communication plans, internal and external to the organization related to Service Excellence.
- Develops service excellence program goals, objectives and programs including the development of appropriate measures of service excellence supporting the patients and communities we serve.
- Ensures goals, objectives and program deployment are incorporated into system and entity goals; and monitors achievement towards those goals and objectives.
- Serves as a role model and coaches leaders and staff in service excellence by providing the tools, framework, resources and change strategies to effectively drive improvement.
- Collaborates with key operational leaders in establishing an effective service excellence strategy.
- Participates in the development and coordination of assessment activities and processes to assist the organization and its leaders in understanding the extent to which it is meeting the needs of its customers.
- Works with leaders to assess needs and develops targeted training for their departments.
- Facilitates the concept of the learning organization by disseminating best practices in the organization in patient centered services and by advancing staff understanding of service excellence concepts and strategies.
- Understands and utilizes patient satisfaction data.
- Participates in setting standards and site expectations in service level expectations and patient-centered care.
- Coordinates education and training in "Best Practices" of service excellence, service recovery, complaint resolution, training programs to supplement service behaviors, scripting, effective communication skill competencies, and leadership training curriculum.
- Researches and incorporates best practices and strategies external to healthcare to customer expectations.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines and requirements regarding patient satisfaction and training.
- Works actively and collaboratively with the volunteer program in oversight of program and needs related to service excellence.
- Participates in the development of Scott & White University, supports the strategic vision and promotes the ongoing development of all employees.
- Demonstrates proven ability to train others. Designs, implements and enhances training offerings of corporate university to support the systems culture of excellence.
- Analyzes and recommends enhancements to current training programs to include, but not limited to, software, products & services, management skills and employee soft skills.
- Manages the department budget.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
PREFERRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Master's Degree strongly preferred
- Healthcare or other service-industry experience strongly preferred
- LEAN/Six Sigma and/or Education background
- Knowledge of working with, educating, and engaging teams for performance improvement
- Track record of using data to drive outcomes
- Non-punitive presentation style and ability to work through challenging issues as a team
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong demonstrative communication/interpersonal skills; demonstrated organizational and strategic planning skills required.
- Establishes a climate that reduces obstacles and promotes opportunities for staff members to formulate and implement own initiatives to improve personal and departmental performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills; open, honest and objective manner; can interact effectively with front line staff, physicians, senior leaders, physician leadership and managers/supervisors.
- An understanding of matrixed and system reporting relationships; proven experience in translating strategy into results; collaborative leadership abilities and experience involving transformation change.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years' Experience