Jaunt is the global partner of choice for producing and distributing immersive virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality content. With the experience of over 300 immersive productions, Jaunt's full-service global production house Jaunt Studios develops award winning branded content, co-productions and original experiences for both entertainment and enterprise customers. Jaunt's state of the art immersive content distribution technology, the Jaunt XR Platform, is the white label solution of choice for media companies, sports leagues, brands, content aggregators and enterprise customers, enabling distribution of immersive content through their owned and operated channels.
Founded in 2013, Jaunt is the pioneer in providing end-to end solutions for creating and distributing immersive content across all platforms including Facebook 360, YouTube 360, and Twitter, native iOS and Android mobile apps, and all scaled VR, AR and MR headsets and platforms. Jaunt has been recognized with two Lumiere Awards, two Emmy nominations, one Emmy Award, and was recognized by Fast Company as one of the world's most innovative companies along with being on CNBC's Disruptor 50 list two years in a row.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, the company maintains Jaunt Studios in Los Angeles, an EMEA business office in London, and a sales office in New York. In 2017, Jaunt established Shanghai-based Jaunt China, a VR company formed in partnership with Shanghai Media Group (SMG) and China Media Capital (CMC).Jaunt's investors include The Walt Disney Company, Evolution Media Partners, CMC, Highland Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, SMG, Axel Springer, ProSiebenSat.1 SE, The Madison Square Garden Company, Google Ventures, Peter Gotcher, and Sky (corporate.sky.com ( http://corporate.sky.com/ )). Experience more at www.jauntvr.com ( http://www.jauntvr.com/ ).
As a senior Unity software engineer in our software engineering team, you will be responsible for the continued architecturing of our consumer facing VR application that runs on mobile, desktop, and console platforms. Target platforms include iOS, Android, Oculus Go, Gear VR, Rift, Vive, PSVR, Windows Mixed Reality and smart TV's. We are looking for a highly motivated individual, passionate about VR, interested in growing and inspiring the engineering activities for our consumer application!
What You'll Own:
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Hands on coding with Unity in C# for our VR consumer application.
- Drive the architecture of a cross-platform consumer application for VR experiences.
- Develop and maintain high-reliability, high-performance software architecture.
- Lead, grow, and inspire a high talent team of software engineers.
- Work with engineering and product teams to understand and define requirements.
- Update software development practices as needed to achieve scale, speed, and quality.
- Adapt to evolving product and business needs quickly and effectively.
Nice to Have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of experience as software development with high talent teams.
- 2+ years of experience with Unity with high talent teams.
- Experience advocating for engineering decisions in dynamic technology discussions.
- Strong knowledge in mobile application development on Android and iOS devices.
- Strong knowledge and interest in consumer application design & delivery on mobile platforms.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with great attention to detail.
- A leader who embodies Jaunt's six leadership traits: subject matter expert, clear thinker, externally focused, inclusive, creative and accountable.
One more thing:
Avoid the confidence gap:
- Experience in VR applications.
- Experience with developing social application experiences.
- Experience working with game engines and graphics libraries.
- Experience working with streaming video and 3D graphics.
you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Jaunt is a dynamic and creative environment made stronger through diverse perspectives.
Jaunt values diversity & inclusion and emphasizes learning and development. We believe that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace. Take a look at our comprehensive benefits here ( https://www.jauntxr.com/careers/perks/ ).