Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating optimal, cost-effective projects and technologies. In addition to providing technical support and service to these areas, the incumbent may also perform the following functions: supervising, requisitioning, defining, initiating, specifying, documenting and training.
1) Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct smaller approved projects. Expected to make suggestion on improvements based on recent technical knowledge.
2) Able to contribute to cost estimating of major capital budget items and the spending of approved project funds.
3) Contribute to the planning and execution of components of the development process, which apply to product revision or enhancement or a defined piece of a larger project.
4) Ability to manage routine small projects without assistance.
5) Investigate and analyze customer service problems and design improvement suggestions. Recommend design improvements.
1) Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines.
2) Must have initial training in concepts of
3) Must know how to effectively run projects, coordinate contractors, and direct the activities of a technician
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering (Mechanical (strongly preferred), Chemical, General Engineering or BioMedical, would be okay)
- 1-3 years relevant medical device experience, hands on testing, and technical writing
- Software: Minitab, Excel (Intermediate), Auto Cad (nice to have), Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Industry experience with Medical Device (strongly preferred) or Healthcare
- Technical writing experience especially with protocol writing and / or SOP writing.
- Plastic molding (strong, nice to have)
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $28.00 to $30.00 /hour