The Grove at New Wilmingtonis looking to add a driven and dynamic cook to our dietary department!
Our mission at The Grove at New Wilmingtonis to offer quality care to our residents, and to provide for them a loving and compassionate environment, attending carefully to their physical, spiritual, and emotional needs.
The Cook will prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulation, with our established policies and procedures and as may be directed by the Food Services Director or designee, to assure quality food service is provided at all times. They are also responsible for directing, evaluating, and monitoring the staff assigned to the department, including issuing disciplinary actions as necessary and performing probationary and annual evaluations of employee performance.
Dietary Service Functions as listed below:
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus and make only authorized food substitutes.
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus.
- Assumes responsibility for tray line and serves on tray line as necessary.
- Prepare food in accordance with standardized receipts and special diet orders.
- Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is being served.
- Prepare and serve residents nutritional bedtime snacks.
- Be sure that the appropriate equipment and utensils are provided with the resident’s meal tray.
- Review care plans as necessary to assure that the resident's dietary needs are being met.
Sanitation duties as listed below:
- Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as with the facility policies and procedures
- Assist in maintaining the Food Services Department in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions policies when performing daily tasks
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties
- Ensure that the food storage areas are clean and properly arranged at all times
- Conduct daily inspections of the assigned work areas to assure that cleanliness and sanitary conditions are maintained
- Ensure that refuse is disposed of daily and in accordance with facility sanitation procedures
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, parties, etc.
Education and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic food preparation & therapeutic diets.
- Previous long-term care experience is desirable.
- Prior experience in Geriatric Food Service preferred.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation practices preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred.
Please reply with a resume or apply in person at 520 S New Castle St. New Wilmington, PA 16142.
Job Type: Part-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- LTC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Employer-supplied hairnets and gloves
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused