The Development Coordinator works closely with the Development Director and development team to plan and execute all local development event logistics and additionally, provides on-going support to the office through operational support. This relationship should be characterized by effective communication and willingness to aid and support the growth of the division’s fund raising.
Working in partnership with the development team, the Development Coordinator is responsible for the planning and execution of development event logistics while multi-tasking between various administrative and support tasks, including donor communication, social media and lower level fundraising. Development events include but are not limited to; kidney walks, signature events, such as NKF Honors Awards Benefit and Konica Minolta NKF Golf Classic, as well as, donor cultivation events and any other ancillary event logistics.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate logistical details related to planning and executing day-of walk sites, including but not limited to permits, city meetings, tenting, signage, tables & chairs, toilets, registration.
- Execute the planning and logistics for the Kidney Walk ancillary events including, but not limited to site selection, contract management, AV, volunteer recruitment, AV, script assistance, etc.
- In partnership with the Development Manager, serve as coordinator of logistics and follow up for the Walk Committees.
- Manage online fund raising websites and social media efforts to promote the events, support individual fundraising, and generate reports.
- Handle the bulk of inquiries regarding Convio (walk support software) and online walker/team management.
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of all activities. Assist Development team, as requested, to ensure that required reports are properly prepared and submitted to the National Office.
- Coordinate donation recognition letters for walk donors and sponsors.
- Procure in-kind donations to enhance events success and opportunity to raise additional funds.
Other Development Activities
- Lead in execution of all donor cultivation events and other signature events, such as NKF Honors Awards Benefit and Konica Minolta Golf Classic—including logistics, vendor contracts and general support of the Development Manager.
- Secure in-kind donations to enhance event success and opportunity to raise additional funds.
- Recruit event volunteers and manage the communication process to ensure each volunteer has a positive experience with NKF.
- Oversee list pulls, contract negotiations, catering, invitation design, printing and mailing, guest experience, check in and AV.
- Become a super-user on Salesforce and generate donor reports, as requested by Development Director and Development Managers.
- Assist the development team with creating and adhering to all development event budgets.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Provides support, as needed, for various meetings, events and programs. This may include event logistics, volunteer recruitment and training outside of Development events, in-kind solicitations.
- Coordinate with the Programs Coordinator to maintain office inventory of supplies and scheduling of office activities
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 2-3 year’s work related experience in special event planning or fundraising.
- Experience working with a nonprofit organization is preferred.
- Experience working with board members and volunteers is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word Applications, Database.
- Flexible for overnight business travel.
Please include: Cover Letter, Resume and Salary Requirements
About The Company
The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families and tens of millions of Americans at risk.
Job Type: Full-time
- special events/fundraising: 2 years