Overview of the Voice Engineer
This position will be responsible to provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related but not limited to computer hardware, software, mobile devices and system access.
- Work trouble tickets for local and nationwide branch locations
- Troubleshoot equipment, dispatch and coordinate field technicians for any necessary site work.
- Work with carriers to troubleshoot issues, place orders and make changes.
- Complete service requests.
- Provide timely updates to management.
- Be able to work well independently and/or in a team environment.
- Willing to work beyond the normal work schedule of 8-5, M-F and be on an on-call rotation of every other week.
- Manage service cancellations.
- Track return of hardware to vendors.
- Communicate all disconnect order info to Telecom Billing Analysts.
- Be mindful of ways to save the company time and money.
- Responsible for advanced level administration, troubleshooting and configuration of DS Services telecommunications equipment with minimal management intervention. This includes but not limited to system upgrades, carrier testing and root cause analyses.
- Procure equipment and handle eWaste disposal.
- Maintain the Telecom equipment inventory.
- 65% of time will be creating Purchase Orders & Receiving them in Oracle CRM. Maintain POs for labor & equipment.
- Assist with acquisitions, branch moves and closings.
- Update assigned issues in ticket tracking system.
- Manage Purchase Orders in the Oracle back end system pertaining to creating, updating and receiving POs timely.
- Monitor support lines/voice-mail/e-mail and respond to service issues in accordance with applicable service level agreements.
- High School, Post High School or Specialized Training in Route mobility hardware and software support.
- Desired Candidate experienced in Telecommunications with B.A. Degree or equivalent work experience.
- License or Certification in Avaya, CS1000, Call Pilot, Session Border Controller, Unified Communications.
- Advanced knowledge and use of office productivity tools Office 365.
- Minimum 6 years' experience in a Telecom Engineer related function.
- 4 to 6 years advanced experience with Norstar / BCM / Avaya IP Office.
- Telecom installation, hardware replacement, system programming and advanced troubleshooting skills are required.
- Understanding telecom standards, including T1, ISDN, PRI, POTS Lines, IP POTS and DID circuits.
- Understanding Computer / Data Entry Skills.
- Proficiency with low voltage wiring maintenance (66 & 110 blocks, CAT3, 5 & 6).
- Capable of being entrusted with "confidential" and/or "sensitive" information and able to discern the two.
- Problem solving, written communications, and organizational skills. The ability to create a curriculum and conduct training to an individual or group. Test lab standards.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services.
Job Type: Full-time
- T1, ISDN, PRI & DID Circuits: 4 years (Preferred)
- Norstar/BCM/Avaya IP Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Telecom installation & hardware replacement: 1 year (Preferred)
- Telecom system programming/advanced troubleshooting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Unified Communications Certification (Preferred)