At Realtor.com®, we have among the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings and the most engaged users across all the online real estate portals. Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Join us and help change the world of real estate, one home at a time.
Software Engineer at Realtor.com (View all jobs)
Location: Austin, TX
We're looking for a Software Engineer in our platforms and personalization engineering community focused on building a notifications service. This Software Engineer will deliver high quality technology stack implementations in the notifications space to support http://Realtor.com 's user experience. Consumers are our north star and we aim to provide buyers, owners, sellers, and renters a best in class experiences built on a modern notifications stack. The role will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplinary pool of engineering and technology talent in close partnership with Engineers, Product Managers, and Marketers across North America.
What you'll do
- Design, build, and maintain our Notifications service stack, covering the entire spectrum of technology including cross-channel campaign management platforms (CCCMs), Consumer Engagement Platforms, AWS S3, and AWS Lambda, among others
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers, Marketers, and Engineers
- Lead by example, process improvement initiatives to improve our practices and the quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
- Coach, mentor, and guide colleagues to deliver the best solution keeping in mind return on investment and total cost of ownership
- Incorporate advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models into your solutions
- Actively seek out new technologies, evaluate them and make recommendations to integrate them into our solutions and products
- Actively promote a culture of inclusion and teamwork
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years experience in relevant fields (Building large-scale web applications, web services, data pipelines, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience driving improvement in software engineering practices/architectural skills (coding standards, code reviews, documentation, etc.)
- Passion for software development
- Experience working with large data sets and leveraging modern data technologies (S3, Airflow, Snowflake, Kafka, etc.)
- Exposure to cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment
- Experience with build, test and deployment automation technologies
- Experience monitoring for SLAs, alerting, and remediating service disruptions
- Experience with AWS - Specifically SQS, Lambdas, EC2, etc.
- Experience with ElasticSearch would be a plus
At Realtor, we recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Accordingly, offers extended for this role will include an annual bonus target typically expressed as percentage of salary. Similarly to salary, annual incentive bonus targets are set based on a variety of factors including job level, competitive market practice, experience, tenure, and essential skills.
In addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.
Do the best work of your life at Realtor.com
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Here, you'll partner with a diverse team of experts as you use leading-edge tech to empower everyone to meet a crucial goal: finding their way home. And you'll find your way home too. People are our foundation—the core that drives us passionately forward. At Realtor.com, you'll bring your full self to work as you innovate with speed, serve our consumers, and champion your teammates. In return we'll provide you with a warm, welcoming, and inclusive culture; intellectual challenges; and the development opportunities you need to grow.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.