Bulfinch Temporary Service is currently looking for a per diem Research RN to work for MGH Emergency Medicine. This position begins ASAP and is ongoing. Please note this position is temporary in nature and not eligible for benefits.
We are seeking a per diem Research Study Nurse to provide nursing support for several ongoing interventional clinical trials in the Department of Emergency Medicine. Under the direction of the PI and senior research manager, the Research study nurse is responsible for specific aspects of a designated research protocol. This position is ideal for someone who is interested direct patient contact & clinical research.
This position requires the candidate to be on-call during the overnight and weekend shifts and to come into the hospital if an eligible subject is identified by clinical and/or research staff.
If you are interested in applying, please include an up-to-date résumé or curriculum vitae and a cover letter describing why you feel that you are a good fit for the position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assessing and ensuring eligibility of study subjects.
· Monitoring & providing clinical care of enrolled subjects; recording study data.
· Interacting with study participants in person and by phone. These interactions may include monitoring for side effects of medications and ensuring protocol compliance and subject retention.
· Interacting with study clinicians, non-study clinicians, and research study staff to ensure the clinical protocol is followed.
· Attending study team meetings to discuss ongoing study-related issues. This includes providing feedback about the study protocol and collaborating on any necessary protocol changes if needed.
· Other duties as assigned or requested.
Skills ad Competencies Required:
· Excellent communication skills
· Careful attention to details
· Good organizational skills
· Computer and Internet skills and experience required - familiarity and comfort with MS Office products is essential for success in this position (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
· Clinical chart review and abstraction experience required
· Ability to work well with a wide range of interpersonal styles
· Database data entry and/or management experience highly preferred
· Experience with clinical research projects
Current MA RN License required
Associates degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
At least 1 year as a clinical RN in a hospital.
Clinical research experience is strongly preferred but not required.
This work will be performed in a hospital setting or at an off-site location for follow-up visits of enrolled subjects. Recruitment will occur in the ED or on inpatient hospital units.
EEO Statement Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
: MA-Boston-101 Merrimac - MGH
101 Merrimac - MGH
101 Merrimac Street
: Registered Nurse
: Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours : 1
: Day Job
Recruiting Department : Bulfinch Temporary Service
: Oct 4, 2018