New York Film Academy, Los Angeles, California
The New York Film Academy was founded in 1992 on the belief that a top-quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films. The school opened at Robert De Niro’s Tribeca Film Center in New York City, and has expanded worldwide to include campuses in New York; Los Angeles; Miami; Sydney, and Gold Coast, Australia.
The mission of the New York Film Academy is to educate students interested in the field of visual storytelling. NYFA courses have been designed to increase students’ creativity and technical expertise through an intense regimen of hands-on and classroom instruction. The Academy’s goal is to enrich its students as visual storytellers by helping them realize their personal artistic visions. NYFA’s expectations center on the growth of each student as a creative individual.
The job of Front Desk Receptionist is for the purpose/s of performing requested clerical support for the assigned department; communicating various information regarding activities and/or response to requests; and providing for timely and accurate distribution of materials. Assisting incoming students and guests being the first face that they see. We are looking for candidates who have open availability to work weekdays, weekends and nights as needed.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic communicator, with the ability to represent the New York Film Academy in large-scale presentations, one-on-one appointments, college fairs, conferences, and various events. Time management, flexibility, meticulous organizational skills, and the ability to work independently as a motivated self-starter are all crucial for success in the position.
The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, demanding and creative atmosphere providing services to our diverse students from around the world
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The day-to-day duties required of this position may vary.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Provide Quality service to all individuals including employees, students and guests.
- Serve as frontline resource to entire office
- Answer phones for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries, and/or taking messages as well as e-mails
- Assist staff with copying, filing, mail and data entry
- Responds to inquires of staff, other educational institutions and the public for the purpose of providing information and/or direction
- Supports assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with their administrative functions.
- Experience working with others, preferably in customer service/office setting.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctual
- Ability to interpret and communicate the policies, procedures, and services of school or office.
- Ability to maintain moderately complex records and ensure their confidentiality
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate courteously and tactfully with students, teachers, parents and the general public.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
New York Film Academy (“NYFA”) is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with personal computers with emphasis of spreadsheets
- Must be knowledgeable in MAC platforms and Microsoft Office Applications
- Customer Service Experience needed
- Flexible Availability
- Availability for nights and weekends a MUST