Shore United Bank has an excellent opportunity for a Teller/CSR in our Cambridge, MD branch. This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function, and the customer service function of the branch office such as:
- Greet and serve customers in the lobby, drive-thru and on the phone.
- Maintain an awareness of new business opportunities with customers.
- Accept deposits of various account types.
- Cash checks within approved authority and operating policy.
- Sell Cashier’s Checks.
- Accept loan payments, safe deposit box rent, and other related payments.
- Process night deposits and mail deposits.
- Maintain an approved level of cash and turn in excess or mutilated cash.
- Prepare currency transaction reports, BSA reports, and other reports as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service while maintaining an awareness of new business opportunities with customers.
- Complete the documentation and perform point-of-sale processing on all types of new accounts, e.g., loans, deposits, etc.
- Update current or existing accounts with signatures, addresses, etc.
- Update CDs as necessary with corrections to information and renew matured certificates.
- Redeem Savings Bonds, Traveler’s Checks, etc.
- Process check orders.
- Order ATM and Debit Cards; assist customers with lost or stolen cards and unauthorized transactions; complete error resolution forms.
- Prepare documents to close accounts upon request.
- Transfer funds and makes stop payments upon request.
- Provide service to safe deposit box customers.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all bank products and services.
- Serve as a member of the office sales team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior cash handling or retail service experience.
- Proficient reading, writing, and grammar skills.
- Proficient analytical and mathematical skills.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- Ability to operate various office machines.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Teller with additional CSR training.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all bank forms and documents used in opening new accounts.
- Knowledge of bank products and services.
- Commitment to personal and individualized customer service.
- Ability to lift approximately fifty (50) lbs. of coin.
- Proficient hand – eye coordination.
- Visual and auditory skills.
Shore United Bank is a full-service community bank with a rich history dating back to 1876. We offer innovative banking services delivered with the personal touch you expect from a community bank. We are built around the character of our people and committed to the success of our clients and our communities.
In excess of $1 billion in assets, Shore United Bank is a member of the Shore Bancshares community of companies, the largest independent financial services company on the Delmarva Peninsula to offer banking, insurance and investment services to families and businesses in the Mid-Atlantic region.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits and the opportunity for growth.
Shore United Bank is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
Shore United Bank: Good things are happening here.®
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 2 years
- cash handling: 1 year
- banking: 2 years
- High school or equivalent