The Information Technology Telecommunications unit is seeking a full-time permanent Telecommunications Manager. This position is responsible for performing and coordinating all design and operational aspects of State Funds telecommunication infrastructure and services. Additionally, managing staff and vendor resources to ensure successful completion of planned product and customer enhancements
The incumbent will lead and manage a team of professional and technical staff. The team is responsible for the analysis, design, testing, implementation, and post implementation support of highly complex Telecommunication and call center systems. The projects assigned to the team have enterprise-wide impact in the technology infrastructure including the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of State Fund’s telephone systems supporting the entire enterprise.
The incumbent must be able to balance the three key aspects of this position:
- Represent the Customer – Listen to the customer’s concerns and needs and address them.
- Represent the Information Technology Group – Balance customer need against compliance with Information Technology operational and security policies and procedures.
- Foster a Collaborative Team Environment – Ensure project team members are performing duties, foster team spirit, and motivate project teams to accomplish set goals by working together.
The successful candidate for this position will also possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a technical emphasis or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years hands-on Telecommunications experience (AVAYA)
- 3+ years of supervisory/management experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in IT project management.
- Demonstrable ability to cultivate working relationships with diverse business areas.
- Experience leading change with a positive attitude in a challenging environment.
- Proven track record of effectively delivering timely results in a fast paced, flexible environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to mentor/lead personnel.
- Prior experience working with vendors and vendor management
This position requires proficient knowledge or the ability to learn the following:
- State Fund telecommunications infrastructure/software/processes, and process improvement. (such as AVAYA, Call Management Systems, Call accounting, Call Center, IVR, Oceana)
- Telecommunication security and vulnerability resolution.
- Workers' Compensation laws and regulations and the California Labor Code.
- State Fund policiesand procedures, current management practices and principles, Human Resources management and supervision guidelines, as well as, State Fund's equal employment principles and guidelines.
The successful candidate should also possess skills and abilities to:
- Lead and supervise; design, plan and implement policies, procedures, and workflow processes; make and implement recommendations and decisions; handle stressful situations while being firm but tactful and manage multiple projects and tasks; act with integrity; demonstrate adaptability; think strategically; and communicate effectively and influence others.
SALARY: $6,426 - $8,611/per month depending on experience.
LOCATION: Vacaville, CA
Final Filing Date: 8/27/18
For more information: www.jobs.ca.gov (JC- 122868)
Classification: Information Technology Supervisor II
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $77,112.00 to $103,332.00 /year
- Telecommunications: 3 years (Preferred)