Mazzoni Center is hiring a medical doctor. The ideal candidate will have experience working within the LGBTQ communities and possess a commitment to working to meet the unique needs of these communities.
Provides culturally competent holistic medical care to patients of Mazzoni Center Family & Community Medicine.
Descriptive of Our Environment :
Unique community setting focusing on the health and wellness needs of the LGBTQ community. Clinical staff includes physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, behavioral health consultants and case management.
Delivery of Medical Care
- Provides direct patient care to ambulatory patients;
- Ensures continuity of care for services for inpatient admissions
- Serves in rotation for after-hours call system
- Initiates and supports efforts to promote wellness concepts and self-responsibility for health, especially retention in care for those with chronic illness;
- Responsible for all insurance, grant-based and internal quality measures for their panel of patients
- Participate in grand rounds, M&M rounds, quality reviews and case conferences
- Precept/mentor learners and engage in educational activities
- Serves as liaison to medical community-at-large
- Assures consistency of organizational mission with demonstrated needs/expectations of medically underserved LGBT community
- Commits professional time to community services activities on behalf of Mazzoni Center
- Serves as participant in any planned fundraising activities
The hours are full time clinical M-F with inclusion in the rotation for on-call coverage. Call coverage is for one week at a time by telephone - call volume is light (usually fewer than 15 calls per week). Position does not require inpatient nor obstetrics care.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine and licensed as a physician in the State of Pennsylvania
- Board-certified in a primary care specialty, preferably family medicine; comfortable with adult, pediatric and primary care gynecology as well as LGBTQ focused care
- Admitting privileges at local hospitals
- Buy in to the mission of Mazzoni Center and demonstrates commitment to the LGBTQ community
- Literate with general principles of EMR and basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Job Type: Full-time