This is a union represented position which requires union dues every pay period
Join our growing team at GBMC Healthcare System. We are a unique Community Healthcare System nestled in a suburban residential neighborhood in Towson, Maryland.
GBMC Healthcare System is an independent healthcare system, and is seeking an experienced Nurse Support Technician to support its Pacu Department. This high-impact job opportunity provides direct and indirect patient care and reports to Debra Zerbe.
GBMC is nationally recognized for providing Quality Care. We are proud of our teamwork atmosphere and generous benefit programs, unique to a Community Healthcare System.
Requirements for this position include:
High School or GED.
At least 1 year of current experience in direct patient care. Med/Surg patient population preferred.
- Ability to read and write English in order to provide basic patient care, to understand and communicate detailed instructions relating to basic patient care, and performs simple arithmetic calculations in order to take and record weights, vital signs, and routine information on patient charts.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients, visitors, physicians, and other staff in a courteous manner.
- Basic computer skills
- Competent to safety handle medications
- Current registration with the Maryland State Board of Nursing as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Certificate of completion of an approved NST program.
- Heart saver (CPR Certification).
- Ability to walk and stand up to ninety percent (90%) of work time and ability to lift and position patients.
- Normal patient care environment.
Conditions of Employment
Successful completion of skills testing and nursing orientation conducted by the Nurse Manager.