WHO WE ARE: Z'BABY COMPANY prides itself for offering Z'BEST selection of High-End clothing, shoes and accessories for newborns through age 16. Z'BABY is a one stop shop for the fashion conscious customer who can shop all categories in a Manhattan boutique, Layette, play-wear, and special occasion. Z'BABY COMPANY has strives to remain Z'BEST destination for GIFTS for the past 20 years in both our UES and UWS Manhattan locations.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR: Seasoned HIGH ENERGYwith a passion for SELLING, floor PRESENCEand Experiencein high-end retail Clothing. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment that celebrates diversity in people and ideas. Whether it is managing a store, creating visual merchandising presentations or mastering Z'Best in class customer experience, we will help you find your place to grow.
POSITION TYPE: Sale Staff Full-Time(35- 40hrs a week) and Part-Time(27 hrs a week) Sales Associateto support our Eastand Westside locations, 72nd @ Columbus Ave. &Corner of 2ndand 72nd Street.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION AND OUR MISSION: Our sales associates generate sales and create an amazing in-store experience for all Client. Sales associates are expected to execute on a variety of activities including house cleaning, selling, merchandising, nightly cleaning, processing freight and opening/close store, including :
- Elevating the Standards of Z'BABY COMPANY by providing an exceptional shopping experience to everyone who walks through the door, creating a memorial personal shopping experience to be remembered.
- Educating the customer as to the size and fit of the collection based on the child's age and weight as well as presenting the composition of the collection (mix and match/add-ons) not only in order to maximize the sale, but to make the customer feel special.
- Contributing to the store DAILY GOALS.
- Following all the register-related internal procedures, studying and understanding the Z'BABY Manual and the importance of detail in retail.
- Maintaining consistency in the environment and spirit of the store, (for new and returning customers), Ambience i.e music choice, temperature etc.
- Gift Wrapping the Z'Baby way
- Optimizing the store's controllable costs.
- Drives sales by interacting with customers to provide a genuine and welcoming experience
- Communicates with customers, management and peers in a friendly and attentive manner; puts the customer first
- Master knowledge of babies growth charts, size and fit of our merchandise.
- Learns and understands children's lifestyle wardrobe needs. (based on the age and climate)
- Utilizes strong listening skills to identify customer needs
- Applies fashion knowledge to make product recommendations and style gifts and wardrobes.
- Balances customers and tasks simultaneously and efficiently, using good judgment and teamwork
- Partners with management to resolve customer service situations
- Drives credit and other in-store promotional strategies and initiatives
- Processes transactions which include ringing the sales, Takes customers information & keeps notes.
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership of store performance and standards
- Maintains zone presentation to ensure the store remains neat, clean, and organized
- Processes shipment and replenishes the sales floor as needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- MUST be able to Work FULL DAY hours
- MUST BE AVAILABLE ON WEEKENDS/ Holidays
- Willing start ASAP
- Ability to work in fast-paced, continuously changing environment.
- Well organized, energetic, sales driven and have passion for children's fashion.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of High-End fashion retail **Preferable Children Apparel**
- Must have a flexible schedule that meets business needs including working weekends, holidays and overnights (if applicable)
- Ability to stand for extended period of time, go up and down stairs, bend, stoop and lift at least 30 lbs. is required
- EDUCATION: High school Diploma or College Educated **Associate Degree or better preferred**
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Job Type: Full-time Required education:
Job Type: Full-timeRequired education:
Required experience: 2 YRS CHILDREN APPAREL
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: