Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Deputy Operations Program Manager based out of Sunnyvale, Ca.
What You'll get to Do:
Working closely with Operations Program Managers and Manufacturing Operations functional management, you will be part of the team responsible for execution of the manufacturing scope of a multimillion dollar Launcher program. In this role, you help guide and lead the manufacturing team by ensuring manufacturing issues and roadblocks are resolved quickly, and that the manufacturing program(s) perform on time and on budget. You will be a key point of contact within manufacturing for the program.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Propose, plan/baseline, and execute to performance management baseline
- Champion and lead change management processes to resolve problems
- Coordinate responses with functional organizations to keep projects on schedule
- Perform risk and opportunity management (RSKOM) functions for the manufacturing scope in concert with the overall program
- Perform EVMS and cost account management functions
- Resolve material, manpower, and machine issues to ensure successful manufacturing performance
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience, Masters and 3 years of experience (Note, additional 4+years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of experience in Program and/or Project Management
- Experience using ERP systems in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to travel (generally less than 5%)
- U.S. citizenship required
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Experience in Earned Value Management
- Experience working on government contracts
- Experience with hardware production proposals
- Experience managing hardware production activity
- Experience with SAP in a low volume, high mix manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- PMP certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.