Beitzel Corporation is an industrial construction and service company with over 40 years of experience in the energy, mining, industrial construction and aggregate industries. Corporate Headquarters is located in Grantsville, MD with several offices throughout the region. Beitzel Corporation offers a positive work environment, competitive wages, added travel pay, excellent health insurance including: medical, dental and vision, life insurance, 401(k) with a company match, short and long term disability, paid holidays and paid time off.
Beitzel Corporation is now accepting applications for a full-time Mechanic - Crane Technician
. The Mechanic - Crane Technician
will service and repair company equipment; diesel powered machinery; and diesel powered vehicles to include, but not limited to, a fleet of trucks, water trucks, rock trucks, cranes, etc.. This position will require a flexible schedule that will include extended work hours, travel, along with some weekend and emergency call-out work. The successful candidate will possess extensive automotive and diesel mechanical experience, crane repair experience, training and education.
The Mechanic - Crane Technician
will report to the Manager of Fleet Services. This positon will work out of the Beitzel Mechanic Shop located in Bittinger, Maryland.
- Perform maintenance and repair to a diverse fleet of heavy equipment utilized in the performance of Crane, Industrial Construction, Oil and Gas and Fabrication and Machining operations
- Perform warranty work as authorized by manufacturers
- Perform electronic diagnostics to identify mechanical, operational and/or electrical issues and malfunctions and perform necessary repairs
- Perform electronic diagnostics to effectively trouble-shoot and repair diesel-powered engines and machinery
- Perform repairs to hydraulic and electric braking systems
- Perform diagnosis of air conditioning systems and perform necessary repairs
- Perform diagnosis and repair of crane equipment
- Communicate diagnostic findings; plan of action; and parts necessary to make repairs
- Recognize and operate tools and equipment common to equipment repairs and maintenance including electronic diagnostic equipment
- Maintain a safe and orderly work area to avoid hazards and the inhalation of dangerous fumes or particulates
- Test drive vehicles and cranes to diagnose problems and to ensure that they operate properly
- Perform other duties as assigned and assist in other areas of the Mechanic Shop, and throughout the company
- Preferred candidate will possess an ASE Master Mechanic Certification or an equivalent combination of diesel automotive training and Class 8 diesel repair experience
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive diesel mechanic heavy equipment experience and/or equivalent diesel mechanic technical training and experience
- Preferred candidate will possess knowledge and experience with Drive By Wire Technology
- Must be proficient in the use of electronic diagnostic systems and software to include CAT ET and possess the ability to identify root causes and execute necessary repairs
- Must be well versed in all aspects of automotive repair to include but not be limited to: Engine, Transmission, Driveline, Electrical, AC, and Chassis
- Possess a working knowledge of Cummings Insight Diagnostic System
- Possess a working knowledge of Computer Drive Equipment
- Possess a working knowledge of Hydraulic theory, applications and repairs
- Possess a working knowledge of Code Scanners
- Must possess a valid and current CDL License or be willing to obtain it during the first 60 days of employment
- Must possess the ability to repair hydraulic and electronic braking systems
- This applicant must obtain Air Brake Training Certificate in order to perform maintenance and repairs on air brakes
- Preference will be given to the applicant with a valid NCCCO Certification
- Knowledge and ability to perform small engine repair is preferred but not required
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, possess a positive attitude, and be willing to work independently or in a team environment
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule that will include extended work hours, some weekends and some emergency call-out work
- Must be a self-starter that can work independently with minimal supervision
- Must possess a proven history of Safe Practices and Safety Awareness
- Interested candidates must possess adequate tooling to perform the required work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
Regularly walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and turn tools; reach and extend hands and arms; crawl, kneel and lay
The employee will frequent lift, handle and maneuver engine parts and components and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds unassisted
Must be safety and customer-focused, without exception
Required safety equipment: Steel toe and/or metatarsal shoes, protective eye wear, hard hat, hearing protection, protective goggles, masks, face shields, welding gloves, etc.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must possess a valid state driver’s license prior to employment
This position requires the completion of a thorough background check including driving, employment and education verification, SSN eVerify, employment references, and pre-employment drug screening. In accordance with our Organization’s Drug and Alcohol policy, employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Beitzel Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide opportunities without regard to any protected classes under applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.