BuzzFeed is looking for a Manager, Video Sales Specialist to lead our efforts in the video advertising space. You will be responsible for the monetization of our video ad inventory across YouTube, our owned and operated and other distributed properties. This is truly a “hands-on” role and opportunity to be an expert and create BuzzFeed’s strategy in this area. This manager will work with clients/agencies and cross-functionally to focus on fully monetizing BuzzFeed's video ad offering.
- Develop a comprehensive video go-to-market plan
- Work cross-functionally across sales, marketing, business development, client services, product, publishing and tech
- Partner closely with the video publishing team to identify performance trends, content insights, audience development and other KPIs
- Partner with marketing to develop materials for our video ad products and communicate the value proposition to sales and clients
- Partner with sales to develop industry-specific sales strategies and campaign solutions
- Promote adoption of our offering across the sales team to support the growth
- Collaborate on our RFP response strategy and spearhead the creation of proposal presentations with sales where video is a focus
- Develop client recaps that incorporate video performance metrics and audiences reached that can be scaled across greater client services organization.
- Analyze overall product performance, synthesize customer feedback and provide recommendations for product roadmap
- Monitor internal data and industry trends to uncover new monetization opportunities across brands, agencies and verticals
- 3+ years experience working in a product marketing, sales, consulting, strategy or equivalent function for an online video advertising, media, or technology company
- Deep understanding of the online video marketplace, leading advertisers and platforms
- Familiar with YouTube ad formats
- Experienced with building relationships and being the “go-to” solutions partner both internally and externally
- Ability to excel and work collaboratively across functions
- Able to creatively and strategically sell, with strong analytical and project management skills
- Quantitative analytical experience
Submit your resume and cover letter including why you are interested and would be a fit for the Video Sales Specialist role.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.