BASIC FUNCTION: :
Responsible for raising awareness for the Buckner Family Hope Center. To inspire greater self-confidence, aspiration, and resilience in youth and children. Develop happy, thriving and resilient children and youth who can contribute positively to society.
Some descriptions may have more specific duties and/or goals and objectives attached to this form. Such attachments normally reflect unique aspects of specific locations, shifts, departments, etc.
POSITION EXPERIENCE and ABILITIES:
- Discuss needs of children and youth with Family Coach. Based on needs identified by the families, work to bring appropriate empowerment resources to meet those needs through networking and bringing in local agencies that offer services needed and by engaging local church volunteers to meet identified needs of children and youth.
- Assist youth and children in accessing the programs offered on-site as well as other services and referrals identified in the community; recognize and accommodate the clients’ varied levels of capability to understand and maneuver the expectations and eligibility requirements for the services.
- Develop and manage a system to coordinate on-site and off-site programs and to aid with communication among program sponsors/collaborators.
- Assist program to develop children and youth opportunities for leadership and development, including, but not limited to, assisting with program enrollments, assisting with obtaining school enrollment, and other services.
- Develop professional relationships with institutions and agencies that provide education, living skills training, and children development programs. Develop relationships with community and social service organizations to help guide community assessments, program development, and implementation of new programs.
- Analyze program needs; develop, modify, and implement changes in the program to meet changing needs of youth and children.
- Assess needs and concerns of youth and children. Research models of programs with identified needs and concerns; research, prioritize and recruit local programs that address identified needs and concerns.
- Coordinate regular events at the FHC including, but not limited to, sports camps, youth leadership, children camps, Vacation Bible Schools and lead children empowerment events.
- Organize, implement and coordinate a comprehensive children and youth program in conjunction with area schools.
- Serve as liaison between volunteers and Buckner staff to ensure that the on-going need for program volunteers and special event volunteers are met.
- Maintain a master calendar of all volunteer and campus activities for youth and children; distribute notices of activities and volunteer projects to applicable program staff.
- Maintain detailed records regarding all volunteerism and group activities including, but not limited to, maintaining a volunteer/activity database.
- Coordinate the acquisition and distribution of in-kind donations including, but not limited to, tickets to special events and items to offset budgeted expenses. Document all in-kind donations following established procedures; write personal thank you notes when appropriate.
- Plan, organize, and implement designated children and youth special events. Coordinate and implement Christmas activities, gift drives, and distribution.
- Assist with conducting tours for mission groups and community programs as required.
- Coordinate and lead frequent community presentations for recruiting purposes.
- Serve as a resource and contributor for newsletters, Buckner Today stories, etc. as required.
- Identify and implement strategies and resources which improve delivery of services to youth and children.
- Timely and accurately complete and submit to management utilization, special events, activity reports, and other documentation and reports as requested.
- Work nights and weekends as required to meet business needs.
- Work with culturally diverse youth and families effectively.
- Serves as a liaison to community; speak in public on behalf of Buckner. Represent agency at community meetings,
- Conduct client and community meetings regularly; attend and participate in staff meetings, other meetings and training as required. Actively participate in regularly scheduled Team meetings and other group processes to ensure professional care for clients. Chair special committees as required.
- Responsible for supporting and representing Buckner at special events, activities and other assigned functions.
- Work successfully as a part of a team and is responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Travel as needed to monitor, assess and help develop programs.
- Report suspected child abuse and/or neglect to the Director and appropriate regulatory and law enforcement agencies.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Work in conjunction with support service staff to organize and maintain files and records in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures, and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires concentrated understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge normally acquired through attainment of a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required. Minimum two years prior related experience required. Minimum one-year prior related experience providing community based services, youth and children programs.
- Requires ability to observe and make accurate assessments of situations and individuals and determine appropriate action required.
- Requires proficient knowledge of and/or work experience using youth and children community resources. Awareness of community resources, including social service and health providers required.
- Requires ability to facilitate collaboration of Company and youth and children resources.
- Requires proficient working knowledge and understanding of the applicable regulatory standards and requirements governing programs and services.
- Requires ability to effectively interact and conduct ministry business within the community. Ability to sell strategic ministry opportunities with constituencies required.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Must demonstrate cultural understanding; ability to develop positive and trusting inter-cultural and interdenominational relationships based upon previous cross-cultural experience.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and make self clearly understood in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Requires ability to effectively provide oversight to volunteers; requires administrative skills to include but not limited to volunteer selection, development, motivation, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Requires ability to travel to various geographic locations as required using various modes of transportation. Requires the ability to provide personal transportation on an as needed basis to perform job functions in the community. Requires ability to provide personal transportation and visit homes of clients to provide in-home services.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner. Must be age 18 to be employed with Buckner.
- Requires ability to recognize confidential matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Requires ability to motivate people.
- Requires proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Requires ability to recognize differences in sounds, such as voices/noises that are loud and playful instead of angry and combative; and ability to differentiate tones and volume in conversations.
- Requires ability to perform tasks with little supervision. Most tasks are governed by standard practices; however, some are not. Innovative thinking is required. Detail-oriented, with good organizational skills required. Requires leadership ability characterized by servant leadership, integrity and honesty. Must possess the ability to lead through influence as opposed to authority.
- Requires ability to effectively handle multiple tasks with energy and excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to appropriately prioritize and re-prioritize tasks.
- Requires ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and speak in front of large groups of people. Requires outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Requires ability to work with frequent interruptions and in stressful situations; ability to respond timely and appropriately in crisis situations.
- Requires personality attuned to the requirements of meeting needs of clients and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required.
- Requires professional commitment to Christian principles and teachings so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects. Requires ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires ability to work nights and weekends.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.