- Microsoft Office
Job Title: Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Manager
1. Develop, oversee, manage, and implement Virtual Design and Construction (VDC)/Building Information Modeling (BIM) processes and procedures for all VDC/BIM projects in the Regional Business Unit for pre-construction planning, phasing, and physical construction while integrating the means and
methods of construction.
2. Serve as the point of contact for all VDC/BIM related issues in the regional business unit.
3. Provide VDC/BIM services as needed to support project construction planning and operations including but not limited to prefabrication planning and execution, trade coordination, and site operations.
4. Support multiple VDC/BIM projects in the region, coordinate and assist all project teams. Support project team members including project managers, project engineers, and superintendents in successful implementation of VDC/BIM tools and processes on the project.
5. Read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
6. Plan, schedule, provide and document VDC/BIM software and process training as needed to ensure sufficient qualified project and department staff are available to meet regional VDC/BIM execution objectives.
7. Manage and develop high performance VDC/BIM teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring.
8. Provide support to Business Development in production of RFQ and RFP response materials and materials to support sales presentations.
9. Develop, organize and deliver presentations using graphics and models showcasing company’s BIM capabilities to internal and external clients in the construction and building industry by utilizing VDC/BIM tools.
10. Provide leadership in risk evaluation of BIM based project scope. Interface and coordinate with regional operations management team to plan which BIM tools and processes will be leveraged on each job based on job constraints and challenges.
11. Review and develop implementation plans to respond to VDC/BIM request for proposal, including planning, scheduling, staffing, training, project set up and management.
12. Develop Modeling standards clearly establishing required information to be included in models, including file formats, extent of model, level of detail and required elements.
13. Advise, interpret, and enforce contract and subcontract agreements, especially as related to model use and transfer and data fidelity.
14. Support project teams for site layout and QAQC with Robotic Total Station. Upload and download survey field data between office computer and data collector. Use level, data collector, robotic total station and GPS equipment.
15. Manage initiatives including new technology implementations, assisting with project level VDC/BIM
implementation and developing project specific contract language.
16. Work in conjunction with project manager for quality assurance/ quality control through
the leveraging of VDC/BIM models.
17. Keep management informed on regional BIM implementation, progress and impact of
BIM-based operations in the region.
18. Engage in collaborative problem solving with Architects, Engineers, design consultants,
subcontractors, and on-site team members.
19. Foster and enhance architect, subcontractor, and vendor relations.
20. Perform the foregoing using knowledge of construction VDC/BIM tools and applications in cost, scheduling, estimating, coordination principles and computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite, leading-edge technologies including BIM and LEAN, VDC/BIM based computer applications:
Autodesk Point Layout
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a Related Field and 5 years of experience in job offered or 5 years of experience in the Related Occupation.
RELATED OCCUPATION: Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Manager or any other job title performing all listed job duties.
JOB TIME: Full Time