Responsible for manufacturing, rework and repair of tooling and machine parts. Take raw stock material and manufacture complex tools and/or dies per prints, sketches, or rough drawings, as production demands. Controls manufacturing of machine parts for fastener, roller, and machining, as well as all related tooling, cutter, and fixtures for lab testing. Train other toolmakers, as required.
· Create, rework and repair various machine tooling within drawing and specification requirements.
· Ability to operate all machinery. Manufactures and reworks all tooling associated to the shop floor and/or internal PO work required to manufacture tooling.
· Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established environmental, health, safety, quality and compliance standards.
· Ensure continual improvement in all areas of operation through employee development and involvement.
· Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, and county environmental laws, regulations and standards.
· Operates taptite electrode grinder, and all other equipment related to EDM operations. Capable of performing all tasks associated to the manufacturing of taptite and round screw tooling (i.e. form wheels, taptite feed rollers, etc.).
· Rework existing tooling to accommodate production requirements. (i.e. capable of utilizing computer tool book to locate and identify rework tooling, follow through and manufacture).
· Ability to troubleshoot tooling that does not meet machine specifications or operational capabilities.
· Process rework orders, tool inspection and other necessary machine work to support factory operations.
· Maintain and follow all IATF-16949 and ISO14001/45001 procedures that are applicable to this
· Assists with maintaining inventory levels of required tooling, gages and supplies; performing weekly cycle count of Min/Max tooling as assigned.
· Assists in assembling and maintaining set-up tool kits.
· Participate with operations teams in assuring tooling and material readiness.
· Participate in setting and achieving team and individual productivity and quality targets.
· Participate with team in continuous improvement efforts.
· Perform machine inspections including daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance tasks.
· Responsible for servicing Tool Crib window, maintaining tool control (usage) charts. Performs other Tool Crib duties as needed (i.e. set-up kits, stocking of incoming tooling, printing control charts, etc.). Adds and deducts inventory tickets in Plex.
· Perform shop floor housekeeping duties.
· Train other toolmakers as required.
· Perform other tasks as needed in support of tooling, production, and new product development teams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- High school graduate or GED certificate with trade school or apprenticeship training.
- Certification in machining, engineering, or manufacturing technology preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of manual precision metal components machining experience.
- Knowledge of cold forming die assembly and rework.
- Able to take raw stock material and manufacture complex tools and/or dies from prints, sketches, or rough drawings. Strong problem solving, decision making, and team building skills required.
- Ability to train other toolmakers in addition to solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret product prints.
- Must have a demonstrated record of commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to lift/carry 35lbs-45lbs on a repetitive basis
- Ability to stand for 10-hour shifts; at times may be 12-hour shifts.
- PC Literate.
- Prior experience with IATF-16949 Quality Systems standards and/or ISO 9001 Environmental Management Standards.
- Working knowledge of ERP system (Plex) a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Machining: 3 years (Required)
- Blueprint reading: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location