Jun 17, 2019
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference? Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. That’s about 1.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells’ promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; it’s our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
School Wellness Assistant
10 hours per week
This position will work with the Chartwells K12 team in Newport Rhode Island School to gain practical experience in the field of school nutrition and assist the nutrition team with implementing various wellness, sustainability, and marketing initiatives across the district.
This is a temporary, part-time position that will report to the Chartwells K12 Foodservice Director and collaborating with the Nutrition team, and is expected to start in September 2019 and conclude in December 2019 with potential long-term employment. Must be able to pass background check.
- At least college junior level credit hour standing (graduate student preferred)
- Enrolled in a nutrition, dietetics or foodservice related field in pursuit of credentials, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- No less than a 3.25 GPA in all attempted undergraduate work
- One year of work experience
Areas of Work:
- Interest in food service management
- Leadership aptitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Nutrition Education
- Sports Nutrition
- Farm to School/Sustainability
- Marketing and Communications
- Menu Planning
- Electronic Menu Management
- Employee Training/Wellness
- Compliance with Federal, State, & Local Regulations
Apply to Chartwells Schools today!
Chartwells Schools is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
CASSANDRA A LINN