Become a Health Raiser at Northwell Health:
· Named Diversityinc's Top Hospital and Health System
· New York State’s largest private employer and healthcare provider.
Huntington Hospital is holding a Nursing Open House Careers Event on Thursday, April 27, from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Opportunities available for registered nurses (RNs), nurse attendants, assistant nurse managers (ANMs), and licensed practical nurses (LPNs) in the following areas of specialization:
· Critical Care (experience preferred)
· Emergency Room
· Labor and Delivery/Maternity (experience preferred)
· Medical Surgical/Telemetry
· Operating Room and Recovery Room (experience preferred)
In this role, you’ll perform an age-specific plan of care for a designated group of patients using the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care. You’ll collaborate with physicians and other health team members in coordinating and implementing procedures and treatments. You’ll observe, conduct, and document a thorough assessment of the patient’s medical status during the entire course of treatment. You’ll also use leadership skills/clinical judgment in coordinating patient care and directing/delegating activities of the patient care unit team.
· Benefits include:
· Competitive pay and benefits
· A collaborative, supportive environment and named one of the best places to work in health care
· Tuition reimbursement, access to LinkedIn Learning and additional educational opportunities through the Center for Learning and Innovation
· Career growth and development with resources dedicated to career movement from within the organization
· Rewarding and fulfilling mission-driven work committed to giving back to the local communities we serve
· Wellness and recognition programs including walk challenges, wellness apps and workshops, awards, and recognition programs, among others
· Opportunity to join one of our many Business Employee Resource Groups in support of a diverse and inclusive culture
· An award-winning, military-friendly employer with professional programs for veterans and active-duty military service members
Registered Nurse (RNs) Job Qualifications:
· Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, preferred. Must be enrolled in an accredited BSN program within two (2) years and obtain a BSN Degree within five (5) years of job entry date.
· Current License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
Nurse Attendant Job Qualifications:
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Completion of Nurse Assistant course or equivalent, required. OR Prior experience as a Nursing Attendant or equivalent, required.
· NYS Nurse Attendant certification, preferred.
· Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and/or oral instructions.
· Ability to work in diversified settings. Ability to lift, turn, position, etc. Patients, as required.
· CPR/Heart Saver preferred upon hire.
Assistant Nurse Managers (ANMs) Job Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
· Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
· 4-6 years of technical experience and 0-2 years of leadership / management experience, required.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPNs) Job Qualifications:
· Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing or of a Nursing Vocational or Nursing Technical school required.
· Current License to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
For more information, including salary range details and a full job description, please visit NorthwellCareers.com.
Become a Health Raiser and discover a career well cared for at Northwell Health. Register now for our Nursing Open House Careers Event on Thursday, April 27. Same-day offers may be made onsite.
We are an equal opportunity/AA employer: F/M/Disability/Vet
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person