Senior Solutions Director
- If you're interested in working with lots of different industries using lots of different technologies, you may like working at Calavista.
- If you prefer Agile to Waterfall, you may like working at Calavista.
- If you are interested in managing strategic accounts, you may like working at Calavista.
- If you are confident in working with C-Levels and Stakeholders, you may like working at Calavista.
- If you like innovating and delivering industry changing software, you may like working at Calavista
- If you prefer delivering successfully without performing heroics and a good work/life balance, you may like working at Calavista
Calavista is looking for a Senior Solutions Director, who can act as day to day lead for Calavista’s strategic accounts and projects, providing overall Delivery and Account Management services. The role is essentially a combination of Development Director and Account Manager - requiring someone who is comfortable managing development teams, with someone who is comfortable and effective with customers, and able to drive those relationships successfully.The Senior Solutions Director may work on 1 to 2 strategic engagements simultaneously, and is the customer's main point of contact with Calavista. The Senior Solutions Director manages all strategic aspects of the development process – identifying the requirements strategy, planning and attending stakeholder meetings, overseeing the project managers, coordinating the work with 3rd party groups, etc. The Senior Solutions Director is essentially a part-time Development Director for the customer, and we encourage customers to think of them that way. Customers see the Senior Solutions Director as their Director of Development/Delivery, who happens to have a team working for them offsite. Depending on the customer, the Senior Solutions Director may hold a title at their company - and participate in everything from briefing high-level executives, to assisting with sales calls as a technical representative, to attending investor meetings as the VP of Development.Because of this multi-faceted role, the Senior Solutions Director needs to be technical enough to work with the Architect on the project, but customer-facing enough to become indispensable to our clients. It takes someone who's smart, and technical, and personable, and organized. They need to be comfortable running a development team meeting in the morning, discussing progress with an American Express or Nissan executive over lunch, and going over some technology options with an Architect in the afternoon.To help you decide if Calavista is the right place for you, you probably want to know some things:
- What the company does
- What your role in the company would be
- What Calavista is looking for
What the company does: Calavista does custom software development. Calavista started in 2001 with the mission to deliver quality software by combining great people with cutting edge processes and tools. At the time, that meant an experienced project manager, XP, and some software that bridged cvs and bugzilla, so that code was automatically regression tested before being merged to root. Today, we combine an experienced project manager, a software architect, Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban), integration between Jenkins/Git/Jira, and a Continuous Delivery pipeline on every project.Our continued company-wide focus on figuring out the best way to deliver software has led to project success three times greater than the industry average. Consequently, more people are looking to Calavista to do their custom software development. We are therefore looking for talented, experienced people who want to be part of delivering software successfully.
What your role in the company would be:
- Act as day to day lead for Calavista’s strategic accounts and projects, providing overall Delivery and Account Management services. Serve as primary contact and escalation point for customers
- Ensure high quality delivery and exceed customer expectations
- Proactively mitigate high impact risks to prevent them from turning into issues and support efforts to manage and resolve critical issues
- Support sales and presales efforts while balancing against client responsibilities such as helping with RFPs, sales presentations, and marketing events
- Ensure efforts are coordinated and consistent across remote, onsite, client, and 3rd party resources
- Utilize performance metrics to track, manage, and analyze service delivery performance; communicate findings and propose actions as appropriate.
What Calavista is looking for:
- 15+ years of experience, including managing project budgets of $5M+
- Strategic thinking, teamwork, ability to influence, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a high level of professionalism, the ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail
- Someone who’s capable of acting as Project Manager, Product Manager, or Scrum Master as needed on accounts.
- Track record of consistent and significant account expansion and revenue growth
- Experience working with distributed teams in Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- Overall understanding of application development processes/methodologies.
- Must Have project management/engagement management experience for large programs.
- Personal attributes include strong work ethic, passion for what you are doing, detail oriented, and a sense of urgency.
- Strong proven experience with leading and managing projects
- Strong understanding of various software development methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall
- Sound decision making and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization; Ability to facilitate problem resolution within all levels of an organization and across organizations.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with equal ability to talk to engineers, senior executives, partners, and customers.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Proven experience on Agile / Scrum methodology is preferred
- Experience in development software products; preferred if you have been a developer.
- Experience in the banking/financial industry is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Software Services / Consulting: 10 years
Required work authorization: