Mission & Service:
Protecting the World's Most At-Risk Public Figures
Gavin de Becker & Associates is a dynamic security firm innovating threat assessment and public figure protection. Our mission aims to protect and enhance the lives of those we serve. From media figures and transnational corporations to universities and women's shelters, GDBA stands on the front line of the assessment, prediction, and management of violence.
Gavin de Becker & Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
- Previously worked in a client-service and/or security management role.
- Professional, friendly, and positive communication style.
- Comfortable in a high-tech work environment; the ideal candidate can keep pace with an environment where there's constant learning of new mechanisms, applications, and tools.
- Demonstrated interest in physical security, opsec, and strategic corporate security.
- Aptitude for clear and effective written and verbal directions and clarifying information under time-sensitive conditions.
- Ability to establish priorities, multi-task, work independently, and complete objectives in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous experience working in a Global Security Operations center in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Prior experience or familiarity with Threat Assessment, Investigations, or Protective Intelligence.
- Broad geopolitical awareness, knowledge of global events, and cultural sensitivity.
- Familiarity with news reporting sources, social media channels, as well as other channels for real-time monitoring of current events.
- Working knowledge of basic IT troubleshooting.
Responsibilities & Expectations
As geopolitical events can shape the travel, security, and daily operations of our individual and corporate clients, our Global Security Operation Centers (GSOC) provide clients with up to date emergency and logistical information in order to better execute contingency plans for any threat or crisis. They leverage advance technology and remote security systems to provide the highest level of service.
Security Analysts interact daily with clients and have connectivity with onsite Intelligence Analysts and the guard force. Though their primary security function is focused on strategic security management and corporate security, they are cross-trained in Physical Security functions.
Incident Management & Reporting
- Systemically monitor online open sources and media channels for potential and known threats.
- Maintain comprehensive records of security-related incidents; analyze information and establish actionable deliverables.
- Implement security and access control procedures to ensure safety at corporate sites.
- Serve as primary center point for disseminating information regarding security-related incidents.
- Conduct security and threat assessment audits of the corporate campus and make recommendations for improving security measures on-site.
- Respond to incoming security concerns and local incidents, as well as track outcomes of the requests.
- Serve as a dispatch center for overseas security incidents, including coordinating contingency plans, real-time monitoring, and personnel tracking.
Corporate & Physical Security
- Actively monitor a wide network of security alarms and cameras to identify and resolve threats globally.
- Provide physical protection and logistics support, as needed.
- Supplement the guard force, when needed, to provide continuity in escort services to clients.
- Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, 401-K retirement plan, air evacuation coverage, flex schedule, merit-based raises and bonuses.