BSC uses design, engineering, science, and technology to Build, Support, and Connect with our co-workers and communities. We recognize different passions and perspectives and strive to inspire and empower each other to create meaningful change. As a trusted advisor and neighbor, our team is personally invested in every action we take. We remain focused on diversity, sustainability, and social accountability in the services we provide to our clients.
A successful team member must:
- Enjoy a challenge! Internal debates keep us learning and growing.
- Be passionate about seeking, sharing, and applying new knowledge and skills to improve individual, team, and company performance.
- Be committed to continuous upskilling and lifelong learning (seeking opportunities to work outside your comfort zone).
- Maintain a high standard for being ethical, respectful, and fair with your BSC team, clients, and communities.
- Have the courage and strength to show character. Bring your whole self to work!
Our Traffic Engineers work on roadway and intersection reconstruction projects, and bicycle and pedestrian facilities for public-sector and private clients. The role of this position will also include preparing and reviewing traffic impact assessment reports, functional design reports, traffic circulation and parking studies, traffic signal and traffic management plans, assisting with the development specifications, and estimates.
Whether you are working on several small projects or under a senior project manager on a larger more complex project, you will have opportunities to have direct contact with clients and are considered the backbone of our team. Your ability to interpret data, collaborate with various team members, and lay out strategy for progressing projects allows our clients to provide reliable access for all modes of travel, develop resilient and sustainable public infrastructure, create inviting public spaces, and build research and other facilities that transform our human and natural environments.
Job requirements include:
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering
- 4-10 years related experience
- Strong working knowledge of Synchro, HCS, VISSIM, and other traffic analysis software
- EIT certification or have the ability to take the FE exam within six months of hire. PE is a plus! PTOE certification is desirable.
- Strong AutoCAD experience preferably on MassDOT projects.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and responsible individual with strong work ethics.
We understand each BSC team member is unique, as are definitions of work-life balance. Some of our team members work remotely and some enjoy an office environment. However, the majority of BSC’s workforce embraces a hybrid model, which allows people to work from home, as well as any of our office locations when necessary.
BSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to diverse representation on our teams, in our services, and all layers of leadership. We are focused on identifying and dismantling barriers that lead to a more diverse workforce including working diligently to expose underrepresented groups to engineering, science, and design through STEM programs, education and outreach, and industry involvement. We continue to strive to maximize benefits to the communities we impact through diversity and inclusion in strategy and design.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter responding to the above bullet items to:
Human Resources Department
BSC Companies, Inc.
803 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02127
All responses and submissions are completely confidential.
No telephone calls, no recruiters, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- related: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations