If you are interested in mobile technologies and are constantly wanting learn more then look no further than P3! As a global consulting, management and engineering services company, we develop and implement changes that help our clients succeed at every stage.
The Entry Level Technician will be a part of the Device Services Team. This person will be responsible for assisting the Sr Test Engineer in all aspects of project execution. This person will also have a familiarity with mobile networks.
For our US Device testing team, we are looking for part time technicians with a love of all things techy with current positions available in Dallas, TX.
Day in the Life
- Testing handset software and hardware in live networks in a mobile or stationary CDMA, LTE and/or GSM environment
- Perform field testing (drive testing) in designated test areas for various operators
- Perform feature testing: such as SMS, MMS, Email, Video Chat, etc.
- Use logging tools to collect the data from the field to be analyzed by others
- Testing of devices and applications based on Android, IOS, Microsoft, etc. mobile OSs
- Conduct carrier acceptance tests on equipment in various form factors (smartphones, data only module, M2M and telematics devices, etc.) and at various points of hardware development cycle.
- Perform desktop and web based software / hardware testing
- Perform E2E scenarios for core device functionalities, testing may include objective functionality or subjective usability
- Set up of a vehicle with test equipment may be requested
What You Have
- High School Diploma required, College degree preferred.
- Strong Interest in Mobile Devices, Home Automation, and the Internet of Things
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be technically sound, detail oriented, strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with various mobile operating systems a plus
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Willing to work weekends and holidays if needed
- Must have a reliable form of transportation and ability to arrive in a timely manner to P3 local offices and/or customer sites.
- Must be willing to travel. Mostly will be local travel by car, but on occasion may be required to travel out of state.
- Candidate is expected to sit in a moving vehicle for most of their working shift, from 6 – 8 hours.
- Candidate is expected to carry a testing laptop and miscellaneous test equipment totaling no more than 20 lbs. If candidate travels domestic/international they must be able to travel with EQ up to 20 Ibs.
- Hourly position with room for advancement
P3 is a global consulting, management and engineering services company, with a rapidly growing team of more than 3,500 consultants and engineers working to develop and implement innovative solutions to today’s complex technology challenges. Offering a broad portfolio of services and proprietary tools to the automotive, aerospace, telecommunications and energy industries, P3 adds tangible value that helps clients succeed at every stage, from innovation to implementation. Our strength is in our people and the innovative entrepreneurial spirit we bring to our customers.
- None: Entry Level position.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent