- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Analysis Skills
- Legal Research
- Communication Skills
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
HC Paralegal(Job Number: 329565)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We are currently seeking a Paralegal to join the House Counsel team in Chicago, IL.
The Paralegal position will provide litigation support to his or her assigned attorneys.
1. Drive discovery process with guidance and supervision of assigned attorney ensuring full and timely compliance with demands/orders and adversaries' compliance with our demands/orders.
2. Draft basic pleadings, discovery and procedural motions for review by assigned attorney. Prepare cases for trial. Conduct basic legal research e.g. statutes and medical conditions.
3. Communicate professionally and effectively with all staff, claim personnel, clients, court personnel and opposing counsel.
4. Prioritize all assigned work and complete assignments by requested due date ensuring that all documents are filed and served accurately and timely.
5. Keep abreast of all applicable court rules and House Counsel procedures. Develop proficiency in legal/business writing.
6. Prepare and finalize court filings and e-file when available.
COMPETENCIES/ TECHNICAL SKILLS:
1. Three to five years of Paralegal work experience is preferred, but not required.
2. Paralegal Certificate or Degree in Paralegal studies is preferred, but not required.
3. Excellent customer service sills as well as strong computer skills are required.
4. The ability to navigate and effectively manage a case management system is required.
5. Strong analytical skills as well as superior written and verbal communication skills.
6. Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to work in a high volume office and team environment are essential.
7. The candidate should be positive, energetic, and highly self-motivated.
8. The candidate should possess high initiative, be detail-oriented and have the ability to work independently.
9. The ability to perform legal research is preferred.
10. Candidate must be able to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and possess the skills necessary to work under pressure.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Work Locations - Chicago - 233 S Wacker Chicago 60606-6303
Job - Legal
Travel - No
Job Posting - Sep 11, 2019, 7:24:06 AM