Position Summary: The individual will provide Earned Value Management (EVM) support for federal agencies. The position requires hands on knowledge in the areas of EVM design, implementation, operation, analysis, and validation of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS). The successful candidate will apply the methods, tools, and techniques that are appropriate for the work requirements and assure that the technical quality of work products meet quality standards.
Location: Washington, DC
Responsibilities: Individual will provide earned value management implementation support for a major government program to maintain industry best practices and ensure effective EIA 748 compliant EVM practices. Individual will develop standard procedures and reporting formats for the programs. Responsibilities may include conducting EVM workshops to develop EVM skills within the program office. Individual will provide EVM oversight, including data analysis and validation. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Develop the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM) Schedule, and time-phased budgets during the planning phase of the program.
- Assist in conducting contractor Earned Value Management System Validation reviews.
- Establish EVM templates.
- Produce monthly program performance metrics, baseline change control documents and logs, variance reports, and EVM briefings.
- Develop and conduct EVM workshops to assist programs in developing quality artifacts and tools.
- Provide process recommendations, program performance data analysis and reporting; and conduct review sessions.
- Provide support for Program Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBR), including IBR planning, documentation reviews, IBR conduct, report writing, and integration of IBRs with program performance surveillance.
- Work with internal client staff, other analysts, external contractor support, and management to evaluate current EVM data and process improvements.
- Work with minimal supervision and will have latitude for unsupervised decision and action.
- Complete project deliverables on time at highest level of quality.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities, as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business, Economics, Finance, or related disciplines.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Individual should possess 5-10 years experience in program and project management and EVM.
- Specialized experience should include conducting EVM system and data reviews, performing monthly EVM data analysis (including using automated tools), conducting program assessments, and writing EVM system documentation.
- Experience with Federal Government program office level EVM implementation.
- Experience with software packages (e.g., Deltek Cobra and wInsight)
- Familiarity with software packages Primavera and Microsoft Excel, Project and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to employ problem solving techniques to unique situations.
- Ability to use information technology to solve business problems.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Prior experience in a management consulting or business advisory position.
- Strong data analysis, program evaluation and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Earned value management: 5 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place