The Dish on Charlotte Russe
Named after the French dessert, Charlotte Russe began its sweet journey in 1975 with the first store opening in Carlsbad, California. Putting a spotlight on women in their teens and early twenties and focusing on trendy, affordable clothes, shoes, jewelry, and accessories, Charlotte Russe grew quickly from 35 stores in Southern California to 500+ stores across the United States and Puerto Rico. We believe that everyone can make a difference and everyone has a voice. Charlotte Russe is a dynamic, creative, and intensively collaborative environment that believes an open, honest, and supportive approach empowers our people to be their best. Join the team and see what a difference you can make!
As Store Manager YOU are ultimately responsible for leading all aspects of a Charlotte Russe store. You have the ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in developing and communicating strategies that ensure a positive customer experience while driving profitable top line sales. The Store Manager owns and is accountable for the overall store experience, including People, Presentation and Process. This opportunity allows you the ability to create an environment that ensures customer satisfaction, maximum productivity and profitability by interpreting and implementing company developed processes and initiatives. Last but not least, this role requires a leader who creates a positive working environment for all Charlotte Russe employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands Charlotte Russe strategic initiatives and works closely with the District Manager to translate these into strategic goals and priorities for the year
- Drives the Charlotte Russe customer service experience by leading, modeling and training store associates on the Charlotte Russe service proposition
- Models service behaviors by greeting and developing rapport with customers, providing product information including features, trends and styles and makes product suggestions based on knowledge of the merchandise and the customer.
- Cascades company communication and directives across the store ensuring company initiatives are consistently and efficiently executed
- Evaluates and manages store sales and payroll goals on a daily basis utilizing applicable reports and scheduling tools to ensure all goals/plans are achieved
- Creates loss prevention action plan utilizing company tools and processes to minimize loss and achieve shrink goals
- Understands and leads team to execute Charlotte Russe product strategies including merchandise presentation, promotions, and signage
- Partners with store team to implement visual displays, promotions, and merchandising moves per company guidelines
- Leads the team in all tasks related to maintain a neat, clean and organized store.
- Effectively analyzes business critical reports and utilizes this information to problem solve, make decisions and drive sales
- Develops people strategy for store based on Charlotte Russe people goals. Work with store team to execute all parts of the strategy including hiring, new hire orientation, training and performance management.
- Manages scheduling of team members within the store to ensure there is appropriate coverage to ensure a consistent fun and meaningful customer experience
- Develops store hiring plan and works with store management to ensure staffing and scheduling need are achieved
- Develops a high performing team and continuously fosters a culture of strong performance by providing consistent and timely feedback
- Partners with store management to create individual development plans consistent with the employee’s development needs and career aspirations
- Communicates and ensures compliance with all Charlotte Russe policies including, but not limited to, policies regarding meals and rest breaks, scheduling, timekeeping, overtime pay and payment for all time worked
For Foxwood Outlet Center in Mashantucket, CT and Phoenix Premium Outlet in Chandler AZ, Native Americans receive preference in hiring in accordance with Tribal Law. Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of management
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to analyze data to drive results
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to interact cooperatively and work as a team towards a common goal
- Ability to appropriately deal with employees and customers.
- Ability to interpret all policies and procedures to resolve customer and employee issues
- Excellent time management skills
- 3 years store management experience preferred
- 4 year college degree or equivalent preferred
While performing the duties of this job, Store Manager is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands for firm and
strong grasping; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Store Manager is occasionally required to sit; climb or
balance; and bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Store Manager must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
These physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Store Manager position. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All Managers must be available to be scheduled to work during all store operating hours (including non-sell opening/closing responsibilities)
- In general managers will be scheduled 5 shifts per week within their availability (exceptions may include holidays and peak seasons)
- Store Managers are required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Based on business needs, Store Managers may be expected and/or required to work additional hours.
- Ability to travel including overnight as required