San Diego's premier waterfront location, Island Prime, seeks an experienced Sous Chef to join our Team. Candidates must have 2-3 years' Sous Chef experience in a high-volume operation.
Candidates must be organized, hands on, able to work the line, and lead by example. Flexibility, teamwork and good communication skills are required. Bilingual is a plus.
- High volume dining and banquet experience
- A track record of professional success, career growth and people development
- Solid experience and knowledge of California labor laws and other human resource processes
- A genuine passion for the hospitality industry and ability to positively influence the workplace with an upbeat and inspirational attitude is a must
- Ability to lead a team to meet and surpass company objectives
- Maintain a broad working knowledge of invoice management, labor tracking, scheduling, food cost controlling, and performing inventory
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept an excellent working condition through personal inspection and following the restaurant's sanitation standards
- Understanding of all food safety guidelines and the ability to run a very clean kitchen
We offer competitive compensation with benefits.
The Cohn Restaurant Group participates in the E-Verify electronic I-9 employment verification process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bilingual: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sous Chef: 2 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- management: 1 year (Preferred)